Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Magic Johnson is the biggest camera whore among the NBA all time greats

Magic Johnson is considered one of the arguably greatest NBA player of all time but the man acts like he got no dignity at all. I never seen another top 10 NBA player tries to get on tv as much as this guy.

he does games for abc, espn, CAR commercials on KCAL, direct tv. DOVE SKIN care for man etc.

now I'm watching NCAA on CBS and here's this ham again talking during the commercial break.

No other top 10 players try to be relevant in the media as much as this nikka. maybe shaq.

he even has a twitter MJ, Kareem, Bird, etc would never do that.

I wonder if Magic Johnson ever turned down a camera engagement ever in his life
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Magic Johnson is the biggest camera whore among the NBA all time greats

so basically his a attention whore like lebron?
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Magic Johnson is the biggest camera whore among the NBA all time greats

The camera love him.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
PHaYze
Banned

PHaYze has an OK reputation so far

Kareem has a twitter
PHaYze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
Magic Johnson is considered one of the arguably greatest NBA player of all time but the man acts like he got no dignity at all. I never seen another top 10 NBA player tries to get on tv as much as this guy.

he does games for abc, espn, CAR commercials on KCAL, direct tv. DOVE SKIN care for man etc.

now I'm watching NCAA on CBS and here's this ham again talking during the commercial break.

No other top 10 players try to be relevant in the media as much as this nikka. maybe shaq.

I wonder if Magic Johnson ever turned down a camera engagement ever in his life
This is just who Magic Johnson is. Not sure why you made a thread about it. If you watch documentaries on Magic back in the day, he wanted the attention. This is just one of those things that put him on the opposite side of the spectrum from Bird. Bird was white, Magic was black. Bird was private, magic was public. Bird didn't want attention, Magic wanted all the attention.

Anyone who knows Magic Johnson already knows how much he whores the TV.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

As long as in the future he doesn't have "the decision" on what casket he wants for his funeral i don't mind him on tv.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

As Meticode said, if you watched Magic during his actual career he was a very charismatic player who was consistently in front of the camera. The offense that he ran in LA was called "Showtime" for heaven's sake. He is an entertainer who even had a late night talk show. (It sucked though.) IMO, no player had more fun while playing basketball than he did. Not only did he enjoy playing himself, but he enjoyed watching other legends play. I've always called him the greatest fan to have ever played basketball.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Magic runs a lot of business also.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

maybe he needs the money to pay for his HIV medicine?

I get that your saying he does do MORE than other all time greats, but maybe he still just wants to be involved in basketball more (hence announcing and such) then some of the others. I've seen Kareem, Jordan, Karl Malone and others in commercials.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Magic Johnson gave a leadership seminar at my college.
during the QA, a student raised his hand and for whatever reason his question mentioned that he was a poor Inglewood student who couldn't afford grad school.

Without hesitation Magic said, and I'm paraphrasing:
"son, come see me afterward and I'll make your grad school dreams come true."
of course, 200 student hands instantly shot up into the air

..I guess Magic is unselfish on and off the court.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Um its called a job, you know they are paying him for those appearances right??? You are dumb.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
sacredcow
Good High School Starter

sacredcow has decent reputationsacredcow has decent reputation

The cure for HIV ain't cheap.
sacredcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Would you rather watch Magic Johnson doing adverts for 20mins or Karl Malone for 1 minute?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey

http://twitter.com/kaj33
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

People need to know about this.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: