Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Default What is going on with the Knicks?

7-7 since getting Melo, lose to the Pistons and Pacers twice. Now they are the 7th seed behind Philadelphia. What is up with all this?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Default Re: What is going on with the Knicks?

the guy in my avatar
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
dbronx42
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
the guy in my avatar

Knicks fans need to quit blaming the coach... The easiest cop out in sports. Nuggets fans saw this for 8 years. Melo is a terrible defender, and ALWAYS plays even worse defense against the mediocre teams because he thinks he can just outscore them. Which usually never works.

Amare is a bad defender as well. All he cares about is getting his 20+ points and he's all good... The Knicks also have the worst depth in the league, and have no big men whatsoever.

Just because you have to All-Stars doesn't automatically make you great... Melo and Iverson won 50+ games together, but NEVER played defense. And in the playoffs it's almost impossible to win like that... 7 years in the playoffs for Denver, and 6 first round exits.
dbronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Whats going on? If a team is so dumb that they sign superstars that can't play defense for shit then its your own fault. Going all out and building a team around two guys that don't even know what defense is crazy.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Like I said from the start this trade was not a good idea for the Knicks. I would have rather kept Gallo, Chandler, Felton etc.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
LastChanceToWin
Banned

The blame is mainly Melo. Melo is an overrated chucker. He is the epitome of a player you never want on your team if you want to win. The Knicks gave up everything for an unproven asshole. Melo just cares about his dumb points and couldn't care less about winning. He never gets back on defense and always laughs it off whenever things don't go his way. The whole process of the NBA seems like a joke to him. This guy is not a franchise player and needs to be immediately traded for CP3.
LastChanceToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
TonyD
High School Varsity 6th Man

Eh... I don't know... Would Melo still not put any effort into defense if he was playing for the Celtics or Bulls?
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Whats going on? If a team is so dumb that they sign superstars that can't play defense for shit then its your own fault. Going all out and building a team around two guys that don't even know what defense is crazy.
Yeah like they should totally leave the league then because they can't defend.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

The funny things is, the Nuggets are doing so much better and are a solid seed in the West.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Like I said from the start this trade was not a good idea for the Knicks. I would have rather kept Gallo, Chandler, Felton etc.

Yeah thats what I said, gallo was going to become peja and chandler is gerald g wallace, felton was good enough and amare' is offense and a little bit of superstar. All they needed was a center, and they obviuosly had fields too. I was happy with that team and enjoyed watching, now I cant so Im going back to rooting for the blazers and thunder. who I ad been following since 07
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
The funny things is, the Nuggets are doing so much better and are a solid seed in the West.

They are a great team in every category and are the only team who doesnt need a superstar, I would gladly trade the knicks for the nuggets. But then I would feel bad for ripping them off by so much talent/chemistry
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

No Timofey no fun
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebob23
Yeah thats what I said, gallo was going to become peja and chandler is gerald g wallace, felton was good enough and amare' is offense and a little bit of superstar. All they needed was a center, and they obviuosly had fields too. I was happy with that team and enjoyed watching, now I cant so Im going back to rooting for the blazers and thunder. who I ad been following since 07

Exactly they got greedy for melo and didn't want to wait and grab a Center in the off season.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChanceToWin
The blame is mainly Melo. Melo is an overrated chucker. He is the epitome of a player you never want on your team if you want to win. The Knicks gave up everything for an unproven asshole. Melo just cares about his dumb points and couldn't care less about winning. He never gets back on defense and always laughs it off whenever things don't go his way. The whole process of the NBA seems like a joke to him. This guy is not a franchise player and needs to be immediately traded for CP3.

You realize Melo had great success in Denver as the man right? As a rookie he lead Denver to a playoff appearance. According to a recent chart I saw (I can find for you if you want) Melo is the most clutch player in the ENTIRE league over the last 5 years. Most game winners made per attempt, highest shooting percentage in the clutch. To say he's unproven is idiotic at best, retarded at worst. I understand you hate him.. but don't start making shit up as if he's the only problem the Knicks have right now.. The Nuggets were just in the WCF's recently with Melo dominating the playoffs and leading the charge.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
dbronx42
Decent playground baller

Melo could have just declared he wanted to go to the Knicks, instead of going on for 6 months without saying a word on which team he prefers... If he said he wanted to go to NY it would have dramatically decreased the trade offer from the Knicks. Denver would have had no bargaining chips at all to work with.

The offer from the Knicks at the start of the season was Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry, and a 1st round pick... That went well.

And i firmly believe the Nuggets asked from Timofey just as a big F.U. to the Knicks.
dbronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: