Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Can we have Carter benched??

Let some other guys get some burn for the rest of the season. Carter isn't mentally checked in, in most games.. I'll be glad when he's gone. I'm sure he's a great guy but he's all about self. Watching him play the Lakers tonight and it seemed he was the only Sun that this wasn't a big game for.. it's the Lakers and you're the Suns... it's like Michigan and Ohio St. Duke and NC... these are games you get up for. Carter is a bum. I hope we use his capspace wisely
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can we have Carter benched??

The Suns were/are trying to play Vince so other teams will think he has some value as a basketball player. The Suns were/are hoping that a team would maybe give up a first round pick or young player(s) for Vince. I agree the Suns should have benched him since he hasn't been playing well lately. Next year when the Suns buy out his contract will make the Suns better. Hopefully Marc Gasol goes to the Suns next year!
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
The Suns were/are trying to play Vince so other teams will think he has some value as a basketball player. The Suns were/are hoping that a team would maybe give up a first round pick or young player(s) for Vince. I agree the Suns should have benched him since he hasn't been playing well lately. Next year when the Suns buy out his contract will make the Suns better. Hopefully Marc Gasol goes to the Suns next year!

Is this a real rumor or just something you're hoping for?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I understand why we were playing him but now that we're at this stage in the season, why not bench him and let him collect his paycheck. Play Brooks instead, that dude will put points on the board and get some continuity going for next season, if he stays.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

See, Carter gets benched and AB did nicely tonight. F*ck off Carter... thanks for your dunk contest many moons ago.. still sick to watch til this day
Old 03-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

Anti-Hero, it was rumored that the Suns will go after Marc Gasol or Josh Smith since they can buy off Carter's Contract and have 14 millions off the books. Most general managers are smart if they wait after the CBA to start making decisions on who to sign or not. Since there is a possibility of a lockout, it would not be smart to sign any player before the CBA. I agree with you of benching Carter since the trade deadline is over and not many teams (if any teams are interested in him).
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
Anti-Hero, it was rumored that the Suns will go after Marc Gasol or Josh Smith since they can buy off Carter's Contract and have 14 millions off the books. Most general managers are smart if they wait after the CBA to start making decisions on who to sign or not. Since there is a possibility of a lockout, it would not be smart to sign any player before the CBA. I agree with you of benching Carter since the trade deadline is over and not many teams (if any teams are interested in him).

Cool, thanks man. I had heard about Josh Smith (and hope we get him) but hadn't heard about us going after M Gasol. It'd be a bit of a log jam at C w/ Lopez but I'm sure he'd get packaged and Gortat and Gasol would split the time. That'd be some nice size and skill... interesting.. Thats what she said
Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd rather have him waived than benched...
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's so damn terrible... I'm lost for words
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputation

should have played childress more
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I am glad that we benched Carter. This guy has really lost it. Man he could have been one of the all-time greats if he really put in some work.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I wonder how G. Hill thinks about Carter. Here's Hill who had all the tools to be great but injury almost robbed him of his career and his life.. and here's Carter who had all the tools, reletively good health other than jumpers knee I believe but he just gave up somewhere and didn't care.. what's even crazier to me is this is basically a contract year, he knew he was gonna be bought out by the Suns. We weren't gonna keep Richardson for his money so we flipped him for Gortat got Carter added in so they could cut him after this year.. and still little to no effort. Doesn't seem to care about money or know's he's gonna get paid anyway..
Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #13
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sadly the Suns won't make the playoffs next year, if they are smart they packagae Hill and Nash for a young player, if they don't they will be 40 years old, and reaching retirement. And if that happens they lose the chance to trade Nash and Hill.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #14
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Sadly the Suns won't make the playoffs next year, if they are smart they packagae Hill and Nash for a young player, if they don't they will be 40 years old, and reaching retirement. And if that happens they lose the chance to trade Nash and Hill.

For which young talent though? I've said it before I'll say it again.. I'd rather have Nash walk at the end of his contract (and keep the cap space after he leaves) than trade nash to a contender for "pieces", no contenders has anything of value.. Out side of contenders who wants an aged Nash and Hill for a future star?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I wonder how G. Hill thinks about Carter. Here's Hill who had all the tools to be great but injury almost robbed him of his career and his life.. and here's Carter who had all the tools, reletively good health other than jumpers knee I believe but he just gave up somewhere and didn't care.. what's even crazier to me is this is basically a contract year, he knew he was gonna be bought out by the Suns. We weren't gonna keep Richardson for his money so we flipped him for Gortat got Carter added in so they could cut him after this year.. and still little to no effort. Doesn't seem to care about money or know's he's gonna get paid anyway..

Yeah. It seems that he knows somebody is going to offer him a deal..no matter what. I just never really understood Vince Carter.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: