Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Sixers quotes after losing to Blazers on Dec. 11

Philadelphia 76ers Head Coach Maurice Cheeks

On the game tonight...
"That's obviously another tough game to lose. I thought the way we came back towards the end of the first half was good basketball for us. We got down 16 points, then got ourselves back in the game and eventually took the lead in the second half making some plays for us with guys making shots. Late in the 4th quarter obviously we were up 5 or 7 and Zack (Randolph) would come down and make a couple quick plays. Ime (Udoka) makes a big 3, which I think was one of the bigger plays before Zack (Randolph) makes that driving lay-up. Obviously, it's a disappointing loss, but we're going to take a lot of positives from this game. The way Andre (Iguodala) played and having Chris (Webber) back is things that we have to build on. We're going to take the positives from the game and build on it."

On finding ways to stay in the game...
"We keep finding ways. We lose the other night in Orlando with energy or a hard fought game and then we come in here and lose that game in the last second. But, we're right there. It sounds kind of funny but we're right there; we just have to take a lot of these positives from the game and build on it. At some point, we're going to finish that game and it's going to turn. That's the way we're looking at it."

On Zack Randolph ...
"He can take someone off the dribble. I think what happened was he was on the left side. Most of the game he was on the right side and he was down low. This time he caught the ball out on top, swung the ball, and got to the rim."

On coaching through a challenging stretch...
"It is a challenge, but like I said it this morning, you can't script it. If I could script it we would have a winning record and not a losing record so it is a challenge. But, it's a challenge where we have a lot of young players in there and the challenge is that I'm going to keep these guys up, we're going to make them realize some of the positives, and we're going to keep going over some of the negatives that happened. We're going to go over some of the positives and come Wednesday night we're going to be ready to play all over again."

Philadelphia 76ers Forward Kyle Korver

On the game tonight...
"We played hard, we played good defense. We have to get used to having the ball and how to handle it. We are so used to playing with Allen (Iverson), I think that we have to adjust and make plays. We didn't shoot the ball well and we missed some shots that we normally make."

On adjusting to playing without Allen Iverson ...
"[It will take us] longer than two or three games. I guess as the season goes on we will learn more. We haven't really been able to practice much, with just us. Tomorrow we will have practice and work out some stuff."

Philadelphia 76ers Forward Chris Webber

On looking towards the future...
"We have to make sure that we play a full game and a consistent game."

On Allen Iverson being traded...
"You know, he is my friend first and I have been in that position. He cares about people, he cares about Philly, and I know that he is hurt about having to leave. My prayers go to him. My concern is trying to win some games."

Portland Trailblazers forward Zach Randolph

On getting the game winning shot...
"It's just a big win for us. We had the game the whole game, but we broke down in the third quarter. We couldn't hit any shots, but we played good defense tonight. At one point we were up 16 points. We just have to come out and play hard. All the guys have been playing great and stepping it up. I want the ball in the end. I want the ball in the clutch and Coach Nate McMillan knows this so he gave it to me."

On back to back wins...
"It's real important for us. It was a real confidence booster because the hardest place to win is on the road. We just have to take this home and win games at home."

On the drive at then end...
"Yeah it looked pretty open. Andre Iguodala tried to step up for the steal, but when he reached it gave me the opportunity to drive."

Portland Trailblazers guard Juan Dixon

On getting the win at the end...
"We played from behind. We have to learn how to play with a lead. We had a lead in each of the two games that we lost and we gave it up. So we have to learn how to play with the lead and continue to play hard on the defensive end. We executed down the stretch and got the stop when we needed it and Ime Udoka hit a big shot."
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:57 AM   #2
Serge
Decent playground baller

Webber actually is very not happy about AI being traded. And Iggy also not happy the media talked to him he looked upset. And I am sure Williams is not happy about AI leaving those 3 were close to AI more then anyone.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: