Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 12-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Wizards Quotes (Dec. 11) from Eddie Jordan on centers, James Lang speaks, more

WIZARDS HEAD COACH EDDIE JORDAN

On the status of Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood:
“Brendan is day-to-day and Etan is doubtful for the next two games. We will reevaluate him at the end of the week, after the next two games on Wednesday against Denver and Friday against Miami. We leave on Saturday to go to the West Coast, so we will know more on Saturday. If Brendan can’t go on Wednesday, Calvin Booth will get the start and James Lang will back him up, unless Michael Ruffin is healthy, but I doubt that.”

On James Lang:
“He has gotten better and he understands what we are trying to do. He knows that he has to defend better, which right now isn’t a strength of his, but we want him to keep the pace when he does play…keep the pace, defend and rebound. We think he has natural skills offensively, so we don’t worry about that so much as long as he doesn’t break down the execution of the plays.”

On Wednesday’s game against Denver:
“We want to defend better. We know what the Nuggets’ strengths are. They like to run and I think they are first in the league at getting a make after a make, meaning that if we score they come down and score right back on it because they are so quick at it. We did a lot of that I practice today…getting back on defense. That is number one.”

WIZARDS CENTER BRENDAN HAYWOOD

On his status:
“It is day-to-day. I still have a lot of swelling in there, so hopefully it’ll be gone by Wednesday. If it is gone, I’ll play, if not I’ll have to sit it out. I’ve never been in a situation where so many post guys got hurt, but that’s how it is. Every season that is how it always happens. It is what it is and we will get through it.”

WIZARDS CENTER CALVIN BOOTH

On staying ready to play:
“It is a good opportunity for me. It’s a weird situation because we have Darius (Songaila) out, Michael (Ruffin) out and we had Etan and Brendan go down in the same game. This is my eighth year now and I have never seen a year where a guy didn’t get an opportunity to play if he was healthy, so this is my chance and I’ll try to do something with it.”

WIZARDS CENTER JAMES LANG

On having a chance to play:
“I worked hard this summer during training camp, so that was my opportunity to show what I can do. I basically have to be patient and go out there and work hard until Etan and Brendan get back. I have to keep playing hard, keep getting rebounds and if I get a chance to score go ahead and show what I can do. Coach Jordan knows what I can do so he has a lot of confidence in me, so I just have to do what he tells me to do.”
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

zzz... too long for a human to read...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: