Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 04-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here
Default Why is Nike so expensive?

Why are Nike Shoes so expensive?
They are my favorite, I just got Kobe VIs from Footlocker. F***ing $130!!! Plus Tax!

Why is Nike so expensive though?
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why is Nike so expensive?

Cause people keep buying them. They were expensive when I was a kid but I had to have them and they are even more expensive now. I can remember when everyone said it would be crazy to pay more than $100 for a pair of shoes. I think around the time the Jordan 4's or 5's came out they broke that barrier and haven't stopped going up
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Understand supply and demand and basic economics.

Buy Adidas and their prices will soon drop to compete.
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
rizzy
Banned

rizzy is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Funny thing back when I was 12 (1997), my mom bought me the Penny's for $150.

Jordans were $140-$150 back in the 90's to.
rizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Coz Nike's rep as the world's biggest sporting brand has blown up to the point (well, long ago) where anything with a Swoosh (or a Jumpman) is the hottest thing on the planet.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #6
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you pay for the brand
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
Tonyer2010
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tonyer2010 has an OK reputation so far

Because its brand is popular, maybe its quality is similar with others, it can get expensive price.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
one2

You pay for the brand, the players who endorse it, commercials (TV, magazine, etc...) and everything they sponsor (like AAU teams, NCAA colleges, private prep schools)...and whatever other endeavors they have to fund.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
Understand supply and demand and basic economics.

Buy Adidas and their prices will soon drop to compete.

wrong..

learn what an Oligopoly is.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
wheyhigh
Banned

wheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected poster

quality is subpar anyhow. yuo ever bought any of the new generation jordans? last pari i bought was the jordan iv mars. did they look sick? fck yeah but they creased just at the thought of wearing them. the material is soooo cheap.
wheyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
one2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheyhigh
quality is subpar anyhow. yuo ever bought any of the new generation jordans? last pari i bought was the jordan iv mars. did they look sick? fck yeah but they creased just at the thought of wearing them. the material is soooo cheap.

I agree. I saw the flu game retro and remember clearly from 97 that it was not suede but leather. retros had suede material.

Jordan retros are great display nostalgic items.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has not been impressing people

130? is that all try buying them here in NZ.... 200+
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Quality has dropped on Nike products, but the prices stay high because people keep buying them.

Lol @ this cat trying to justify his past Nike purchases. "Back in the day when I bought them the quality was WORTHY of the price"

Nothing has changed brah. Just your perception of the value of money.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
wrong..

learn what an Oligopoly is.

An oligopoly would apply to basic economics. They only are going to sell for what people will pay for them. If people quit buying them, the price would go down.

But not like it matters much since they make so much on a pair of kicks and are so popular.

*looks down and sees a pair of Nikes*
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #15
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
An oligopoly would apply to basic economics. They only are going to sell for what people will pay for them. If people quit buying them, the price would go down.

But not like it matters much since they make so much on a pair of kicks and are so popular.

*looks down and sees a pair of Nikes*

Yes, I agree.

But refering to the person I quoted Earilier. Buying Addidas would not lower the price of Nikes.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: