Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I'm watching Marc Gasol right now against the Spurs

Having a very solid game. Man, I just love the way he plays. Good solid defender, loves banging in the paint, good shot blocker, improved post game, pretty good FT shooter for a big man. His stats aren't overwhelming probably due to the personnel on his team, but this guy is incredibly underrated. I wouldn't mind giving this guy 7-8mill/year at all. I think a 5 year 40 mill deal would be fair, of course depending on some trades we'd have to make to make room for him.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm watching Marc Gasol right now against the Spurs

I've been on Marc Gasol bandwagon since the start of the season. I like his game a lot.

He does have flaws like any player but he'd be such a great fit at C for the Raptors. Gasol is definitely more of an offensive player than defensive but it's not like he's a complete bum on defense either. With Ed Davis likely developing into more defensive than offensive player, I think they would be great together. I like how Gasol doesn't force his offensive game and is really smart when it comes to moving the ball. He's not on the level of an Andrew Bogut where you can run an offense through him (which Milwaukee should be doing more often) but he's a similar style. Gasol is a like more productive and talented Rasho to me.

PF - Ed Davis
C - Marc Gasol
Bench: Amir Johnson

I would be fine with that as the primary frontcourt rotation going forward. That's assuming I'm right about Ed Davis thoguh. Who knows, he could still end up being a bust. We'll see.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 04-17-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I've been on Marc Gasol bandwagon since the start of the season. I like his game a lot.

He does have flaws like any player but he'd be such a great fit at C for the Raptors. Gasol is definitely more of an offensive player than defensive but it's not like he's a complete bum on defense either. With Ed Davis likely developing into more defensive than offensive player, I think they would be great together. I like how Gasol doesn't force his offensive game and is really smart when it comes to moving the ball. He's not on the level of an Andrew Bogut where you can run an offense through him (which Milwaukee should be doing more often) but he's a similar style. Gasol is a like more productive and talented Rasho to me.
I was with you up until that last sentence.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I was with you up until that last sentence.
I know, it's hard to fathom someone being a "better version" of Rasho since he was so Godly but that's how I see him.

But seriously, a smart player on both ends that won't wow you with athleticism. Rasho in his prime was a good player and a solid option to start at C for you if you had stars elsewhere. Gasol should be a beter version of that.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

Gasol finishes off with 24/9/2/3 and Memphis pulls off the game 1 upset.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Gasol finishes off with 24/9/2/3 and Memphis pulls off the game 1 upset.
I'd give him Bargnani's salary.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd give him Bargnani's salary.
So let me get this straight. You have a problem with Bargnani getting the salary he gets to put up 20/5, but you'd be happy with Marc Gasol getting the same salary to put up 11/7?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
So let me get this straight. You have a problem with Bargnani getting the salary he gets to put up 20/5, but you'd be happy with Marc Gasol getting the same salary to put up 11/7?

Yes. Because contrary to the Andrea Bargnani school of Basketball philosophy, defense does infact matter.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Yes. Because contrary to the Andrea Bargnani school of Basketball philosophy, defense does infact matter.
Rebounding and scoring efficiency too.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani

Yes. Plus we can then sign Mike James for the minimum to replace Bargnani's offense.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

I don't usually like to use the "who he plays next to" excuse, but Marc Gasol has a 16.8% usage rate which probably explains the discrepancy in points. And he only averages 31MPG. And as mentioned before, greater efficiency. So yeah, i'm good.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default The official NBA playoffs 2011 thread

I'm watching the playoffs, and I figure that rather than having to make a different thread every time i'm watching a game it'd be easier and less time consuming to just make one big thread for it.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Ok Memphis beating the Spurs without Gasol is one thing, but this would be a monumental upset if the Hornets manage to take game 1 from the Lakers.

edit: Jarret Jack is having a great game, i'm really happy for the guy.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-17-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

wow what a day, San Antonio and New Orleans lose, Boston was about to be the third if not for that huge clutch 3 by Ray Allen. And now Denver is looking great against OKC.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: The official NBA playoffs 2011 thread

Marc Gasol will easily make 60 million over 5.
And even that Memphis would match.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: