Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation
Default Rick Adelman gone, no longer Rockets coach

After four days of talks, some that were close to bringing Rick Adelman back as Rockets coach, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey called Adelman a “Hall of Fame coach.” He also showed Adelman the door. Adelman was happy to take it.

Adelman, who led the Rockets to their only playoff series win in the past 14 years and a franchise record 22-game winning streak, agreed to step down on Monday, a decision described as mutual.

“After numerous discussions and careful consideration with Coach Adelman, we have mutually agreed to part ways,” Morey said in a statement. “It has been a privilege and an honor to work with and learn from Rick during these past four years. He is a Hall of Fame coach who earned the respect and admiration of our entire organization during his time here.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7527132.html

Last edited by insidehoops : 04-18-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rick Adelman Fired

That's bull shit. He's a great coach. Not his fault he gets hammered with injuries.
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

he got fired for overachieving a team for 2 years straight

the Rockets ARE NOT going to get another coach as good as him.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Please bring him to New York.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
jcyrus10
I brick open layups

jcyrus10 has an OK reputation so far

He makes the most of what they had. Bad move by the rockets.. Yeah, the knicks could use him.
jcyrus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Didn't see this coming... Don't know what the rolling eyes are for above me, I'd loooove to have him in NY.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
copper
Serious playground baller

copper has decent reputation

and thus opens the door for the next coach of the pistons
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
FF1

FF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat cool

Adelman and a couple free agents could make the Knicks great.
FF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
guado

guado has an OK reputation so far

shouldn't have been fired by the kings either.

no one can appreciate him apparently.
guado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yep the team sucking had nothing to do with roster moves or the fact that Yao's lower half is made out of breadsticks. It was all Adelman
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Strange decision. Good market for coaches in the summer. Sloan and Adelman.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Clippers should hire this guy. Del Negro isn't as good of a coach.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Coach the Twolves
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
olddangerfield
Banned

olddangerfield has decent reputation

Rockets pretty much did Adelman a favor. He'll most likely be the frontrunner for a lot of coaching vacancies.
olddangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

What? Why? Adelman's a great coach, he already got an injury depleted Rockets team with so many moves overachieving for 2 years straight. The best non all-star team.
What more do you expect from him?
Houston's not going to get another coach close to Adelman.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: