Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Just one game.

Hawks hit a ton of crazy shots. Rose played badly. Thibodeau coached even worse.

The only good thing to come out of this game is Boozer. Game 2 is a must win.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just one game.

Thibs coached even worse?

Did I just take the dak-bait or something here?

The Hawks are a lot better than people give them credit for. The Bulls, including Rose, did not stick to a gameplan that works for us, and that is, get the other team into foul trouble. Horford went out semi-early, and that was it. Horford ALWAYS goes out early with foul trouble in the first, then he manages real well for the rest of the game, so that is not where the Bulls succeeded.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Rose needs to get to the basket and to the free throw line. Seriously, enough with the 3 pointers, it's obviously not falling for you. Rose has the ability to consistently get into the paint area and hit easy shots or get to the line, he should use it. No more 3s Rose!
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Thibs coached even worse?

Did I just take the dak-bait or something here?

The Hawks are a lot better than people give them credit for. The Bulls, including Rose, did not stick to a gameplan that works for us, and that is, get the other team into foul trouble. Horford went out semi-early, and that was it. Horford ALWAYS goes out early with foul trouble in the first, then he manages real well for the rest of the game, so that is not where the Bulls succeeded.

YOu made good points but its just so difficult beating a team that hit like 10 3pointers in the 2nd half. And when they missed, Pachulia found the ball underneath twice.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Yes just one game so not too worried.

Why we lost?

JJ played like a 120 million dollar man and hit a lot of tough shots but he was open for a lot of his 3 pointers as well Deng has to stay home on him at all times. Crawford was on fire and we need someone to play physical with him the man is a stick thin brewer needs to get into his chest and make him work. Even though it was only by 1 we were outrebounded which is a big strength and the Hawks won in hussle points and getting to loose balls.

Rose and the bulls didnt score until 3 minutes after tip off. Defense was pretty bad because we scored enough points to win the game. Rose still jacking up shots 27 shots to get 24 points will not get it done. He literally could of had about 14 assist in this game but he still feels he has to jack up 7 3 pointers I just dont get it.

Positives

Deng, Boozer, Noah all played pretty solid. We had good ball movement for most of the game. We started attacking more in the 2nd half and we need to get the hawks more in transition because they have awful transition defense.

Its all good guys like the thread says only one game. This is a learning process especially for a young Rose who has never been to the second round. I think we will right the ship and be ready Wednesday night. GO BULLS!!!
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I'm kinda worried to be honest.

If they nail jumpshots like that all series we are sunk.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I'm kinda worried to be honest.

If they nail jumpshots like that all series we are sunk.

If they nail jumpshots like that no one will beat them in a series. They arent shooting like that because i think we will play better defense.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
If they nail jumpshots like that no one will beat them in a series. They arent shooting like that because i think we will play better defense.

I know man, I know....I'm just kinda put off by game one. Usually I'm one of the more optimistic Bulls brethren.....that game hurt though..
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26

I can't think of a team who actually shot that great for the whole series, except maybe the Golden State Warriors when they beat the Mavs a few yrs back. It's more likely that teams would struggle than be successfull from beyond 24 ft.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I can't think of a team who actually shot that great for the whole series, except maybe the Golden State Warriors when they beat the Mavs a few yrs back. It's more likely that teams would struggle than be successfull from beyond 24 ft.

Yeah ATL is a jump shooting team we just need them to keep shooting contested jumpers and keep them off the foul line.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #11
BASTEY
I airball my layups

BASTEY has an OK reputation so far
Cool Re: Just one game.

It was just one game, but inspite of that we've to step it up. Especially defensively. That was not the Bulls D we have played almost all season long. The Hawks won't hit these tough shots again. I'm not worried at all, because the next game JJ will show all of us that he's not worth to be a 120 million dollar man.

Hello to every Bulls fan out there!
BASTEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

First off let me just start by congratulating DRose on his MVP Award. Great recognition and its well deserved. Our young star's resume at the age of only 22 in the NBA already includes Rookie of the Year, 2x All-Star, and NBA MVP. I'm looking for DRose to come out and have a great game after he's presented the award before the game tonight and I think the rest of our guys will feed off of that energy.

With that being said this series against the Hawks may end up being a 7 game series if we don't start developing some consistency. After the 1st round I really thought our team was going to be extra motivated, prepared and focused. I didn't see that in full effect in Game 1. Yes I know ATL hit a whole bunch of tough contested shots and JJ had the game of his life - things that most likely won't happen again but that doesn't excuse the fact that up until this point in the playoffs we haven't had a complete game where we play to the level were capable of.

We need to play like were the best rebounding and defensive team in the league and we haven't done that yet. Starting off games poorly has really become a bad habit. We need to come out right from tip-off and take it to them. Be agressive. Play our type of game and play our defense every possession the way we can and should all the time. This is pretty much a must win.

We all know what our Bulls are capable of they just haven't really shown us yet in the playoffs. Each individual player on our team needs to play to his strengths, stay within his role, and just work as a team. We were the best team in the league during the regular season for a reason. Let's get back to playing our basketball and show we're the best team in the playoffs too.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
BASTEY
I airball my layups

BASTEY has an OK reputation so far

Amen to that. Well said. Idk exactly why, but I've a really good feeling about tonight. I think the essential point will be the extra motivation, the extra energy which comes with the publication of the MVP award tonight. Go Bulls!
BASTEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro is considered somewhat cooleeeeeebro is considered somewhat cool

atl 73 points 18 of them by way of free throws
that is 55 points from the floor and 18 free ref points. we owned them hard
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #15
DaBigReality
Kids at the park dunk on me

DaBigReality has an OK reputation so far

Owned the hell out of them again. Rose with a superb game and Taj as well.

Game 1 was definitely the anomoly. Crawford hasn't done shyat since then and JJ has been contained. Hell, the only guy playing worth a damn still is Teague.
DaBigReality is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: