Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Kevin Durant makes up for bad Game 6, shines in Game 7 as Thunder eliminate Grizzlies

Kevin Durant did exactly what he needed to in trying to bounce back from a terrible Game 6. He was aggressive early. He was aggressive often. He didn’t settle. He didn’t let defenders push him off his spots. He attacked the rim. He tried to get to the foul line. He took however many shots he needed to with no regard for his shooting percentage. It led to a magnificent and much-needed 39-point effort in a Game 7. Oklahoman

Here’s what Durant said about bouncing back. “That was not me at all during Game 6,” Durant said. “I felt thoroughly upset that I had let my teammates down. I was not only shooting poorly but I did not come into the game aggressive. So before this game, I made sure that I started off the game aggressive, whether I made my shots or not.” Oklahoman
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Kevin Durant makes up for bad Game 6, shines in Game 7 as Thunder eliminate Grizzlies

The reason Nick Collison got the early call was because Serge Ibaka, for some reason, was not closing out on Randolph’s shots. After six games, you’d think Ibaka would know better. Z-Bo scored four points on jumpers in a two-minute span in the first five minutes of the first quarter, all because Serge wouldn’t close out and contest. Z-Bo put another baseline jumper in at the eight minute mark of the third quarter when Ibaka didn’t run out fast enough. There is no doubt in my mind that if Brooks didn’t get Ibaka out of there in that first quarter the Thunder would have lost this game. Instead, Brooks stuck with Collison for not only the final 5:53 of the first quarter but all but 11 seconds of the second quarter as well. Very unusual substitution pattern by Brooks, but one that saved this win. Oklahoman

"It's a make-miss league," said Shane Battier, who had a miss-game, going 2-for-6 from the field and missed all 3 of his 3-point shots. "When you make shots -- and he (Durant) was making shots -- you have everything figured out. When you don't, the world is falling around you. He is a helluva player, and he hit tough shots." "You can live with his shots in their halfcourt sets, because he takes those tough shots and he makes them. But you try to limit his shots in transition and his free throws, and we didn't do a very good job of that. He got going that way in this game." Memphis Commercial Appeal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: