Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has an OK reputation so far
Default Kendrick Perkins

Dudes always looking mad as hell and wanting to fight maybe his game would be better if he concentrated on the game rather than other shit.
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Kendrick Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
Dudes always looking mad as hell and wanting to fight maybe his game would be better if he concentrated on the game rather than other shit.
I agree, looking mean donīt help shit.......what good does he actually do on the court ?......he needs to score some points
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:11 AM   #3
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

And keep out of Foul Trouble
Old 05-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Kendrick Perkins might be the most overrated player in the NBA. I'm not even sure the dude deserves playing time on this team, Collison is much more useful. Boston's losing had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM, Jermaine O'Neal was better.

He's a straight-up liability on offense: can't do anything, even right under the basket he's not a guarantee because he has bad hands and no lift (gets his stuff sent back to him all the time). Any semblance of a jumper? Yeah right. Bad at the free-throw line.

His defense isn't even that great because he's too slow to guard a lot of players man-to-man. His PNR defense is garbage, way too slow to get back to his man after hedging the point guard. He doesn't have the lift to block shots or protect the rim. He can't rebound.

What does he even do? Pick up fouls? Set picks? Annoy the other team with his scowling? Just be some big dude prowling the court? The only thing for which he has use is guarding Andrew Bynum.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #5
matts290
Kwyade LeWobe

matts290 has not been impressing people

Perkins defensive prowess was a product of KG plain and simple.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
Kendrick Perkins might be the most overrated player in the NBA. I'm not even sure the dude deserves playing time on this team, Collison is much more useful. Boston's losing had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM, Jermaine O'Neal was better.

He's a straight-up liability on offense: can't do anything, even right under the basket he's not a guarantee because he has bad hands and no lift (gets his stuff sent back to him all the time). Any semblance of a jumper? Yeah right. Bad at the free-throw line.

His defense isn't even that great because he's too slow to guard a lot of players man-to-man. His PNR defense is garbage, way too slow to get back to his man after hedging the point guard. He doesn't have the lift to block shots or protect the rim. He can't rebound.

What does he even do? Pick up fouls? Set picks? Annoy the other team with his scowling? Just be some big dude prowling the court? The only thing for which he has use is guarding Andrew Bynum.

Jermaine O'neal was not better than Perkins. Thats a joke.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #7
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Quote:

This. Good lookin out man
Old 05-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Dude said his knees are only at 65% He is still wearing his Knee braces which limit your movement quite abit, I expect him to be alot better next year with an off season on his belt and better movement.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 AM   #9
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people

perkins is garbage. Only difference between him and krstic is that one of them is black and is so accorded the respect of a "tough" and "strong" player.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Kendrick Perkins might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

I been saying this since they made that trade
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:09 AM   #11
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
I been saying this since they made that trade

Honestly, he should call up Kevin Garnett and thank him every day for saving him from being a minimum contract player.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #12
alfonsito123
I brick open layups

alfonsito123 has not been impressing people

perk should really focus in the game. he even had a technical in the first quarter. come on perk, don't be a hot head. chill man, put your head in the game. you are not going to brawl anybody. its natural to play with players who try to get in your skin most especially what you play a very physical position. expect that to happen always. and anyways, tyson chandler is one tough guy. i expect these two to get tangled sometime in the series.
alfonsito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #13
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Perkins is a solid role player, plus he isnt fully healthy at the moment. Still he isnt defensive anchor OKC hoped for, without KG he is just a big body in the paint. 40 years old Shaq is better at it than Perkins... I remember how in '08 Celtics became one of the best defensive team in history, and some claimed its because of "anchor Perkins", some others said its because of Thib, but when KG went down with injury in '09, Celtics defense fall apart, from elite to average at best. That was the moment when Perkins salary limit was decided by Ainge IMO, and he didnt wanted to overpay.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #14
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

A defensive anchor is someone who can block shots and play post d, so a combination of Perkins and Ibaka. I always thought he was very overrated, yes he is a good post defender but he brings nothing else to the team. I would have traded for a C that can actually score in the post since Ibaka can't either. Now unless Durant has a monster game you will be guaranteed of Westbrook jacking trash all game as they have very few offensive weapons.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #15
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

I have watched Perk over the past few seasons and you can definetly tell he is still finding his feet this year, all of his movement is very slow etc. His 2008-2009 playoff performance stick out the most in my mind, he averaged 11.9 ppg, 11.6 rpg and 2.6 blocks per game.

If Perk doesnt improve next season, I will change my avy to anything for a bet.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: