Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Who would be the first SF taken in the draft..

if Barnes declared?

I think Minny maybe would prefer Barnes, but it could still be Williams IMO.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
chips93

Default Re: Who would be the first SF taken in the draft..

i saw barnes was no.2 on draft express' 2012 mock draft. kinda surprising to me. i much prefer williams as a prospect, although i didnt like his interview.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Wolves don't need another forward, we are stacked at that position we need some inside defenders.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

IF Barnes declared I think he would be the #1 pick overall...horrible horrible start to the season but as the season went on you could see he was the team leader for N.C
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Harrison Barnes has the be one of the most swagless players I have ever seen. Do.No.Want
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

still Derrick Williams no doubt for me (UNC Diehard for life as well). Still think he's better now and has more upside and everything than harrison.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Williams, but I consider him more of a PF.

If Williams is a PF, then Jan Vesely. Too bad he didn't participate draft combine, he would've been 1st pick :)
And im kinda curious about his real vert and wingspan numbers.
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Barnes wouldnt go #1.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I'd take Derrick Williams myself. I like his strength and versatility. I like Barnes a lot, but they are both pretty special offensive talents and I think Williams is more versatile and well rounded as far as both position and skillset. I like his intangibles better too
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Williams, but I consider him more of a PF.

If Williams is a PF, then Jan Vesely. Too bad he didn't participate draft combine, he would've been 1st pick :)
And im kinda curious about his real vert and wingspan numbers.
D-Will came out and said he is a small forward full and through.

Quote:
"I'm not a 4, I'm a 3," Williams told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "Whoever picks me will find that out. I'm just a lot more skilled than most people think I am."

http://www.kvia.com/sports/27969240/detail.html

I buy it, if I pick him I play him at SF, maybe some 'spurts' at PF.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
D-Will came out and said he is a small forward full and through.

http://www.kvia.com/sports/27969240/detail.html

I buy it, if I pick him I play him at SF, maybe some 'spurts' at PF.

He can say he's a SF all he wants. What position he plays is going to be up to the organization that drafts him and his play on the field.

I haven't seen enough of Derrick Williams to make a real knowledgeable judgement on his ability. However, from what I did see did not lead me to believe he could be a full-time NBA SF right away. Maybe his handle is tighter and better than I'm thinking, I don't know.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #12
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
Harrison Barnes has the be one of the most swagless players I have ever seen. Do.No.Want

This post tells me you completely ignored the second half of the college basketball season.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #13
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

if Derrick Williams can get into better shape and drop say 10 lbs and stay around 6-8 230 or so...watch out dude is going to be a beast
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #14
WadeRekeforlife
Kids at the park dunk on me

WadeRekeforlife has an OK reputation so far

This dude will be taken first in the draft after every team sees his swag,he said he will be one of the best players in the league,is quick and athletic too i mean just look at him
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2zdr6dv.jpg
WadeRekeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Jordan Hamilton out of Texas...Sixers should strongly consider taking him. I know big man is a need and you cant ignore it 2 drafts in a row (sorry Craig Brackins after aquiring you in a trade you're no big man). But I like his ability to score. Defense needs work tho and the Sixers have Turner, Iggy, Young and Nocioni so Hamilton isnt really needed. But I say take him with the hope you are trading Iguodala or making a pre-draft trade to open up spots. Thats if Hamilton even lasts to 16 which I dont see. Just saying, he's a SF I like in this draft alot out of anyone.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: