Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
jack612blue
Serious playground baller

jack612blue has an OK reputation so far
Default It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

Does anyone else feel that way? The feeling is much better than watching an ESPN or ABC game, those just feel awkward and half assed.TNT does a great job of coverage , halftime, and post game.
jack612blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

Its because you know you'll get more out of the ordinary commentary and tons of laughs from the TnT crew. nobody's better than Charles, Kenny, and Ernie. not in any sport.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I prefer TNT too.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

ESPN's coverage isn't that good, but it looks worse than it is next to TNT. TNT does an incredible job, and ESPN just can't really compete.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

TNT crew are funny and they keep it real.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah . . TNT is the best.
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
adri41
Good High School Starter

adri41 has decent reputationadri41 has decent reputation

I love the TNT boys. I was pissed ESPN got the WCF.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack612blue
Does anyone else feel that way? The feeling is much better than watching an ESPN or ABC game, those just feel awkward and half assed.TNT does a great job of coverage , halftime, and post game.

Yes....everything about TNT is better. The entire production is leagues better.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

TNT NBA basketball is the pinnacle of sports television. The competitors can't stop them, they can only hope to contain them.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TNT >>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN/ABC

/thread
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
BrilliantLegacy

BrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat coolBrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat cool

I prefer watching on ESPN/ABC. Mainly because I'm not at home when the game is played, and I can watch games on ESPN with great quality. I don't really give a crap about the half time show.
BrilliantLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far

doris burke scares me
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

I think TNT is better because their main emphasis is basketball, which allows them to focus more attention on the production. ESPN tries to spread itself thin over multiple different sports and dedicates only a small portion of their programming to basketball so they'll never go out of their way to make it a spectacle. Not to mention the TNT cast of characters is far more likable than the ESPN halftime/pregame commentators. It's almost as if they went out and cherry picked four of the most unlikable guys in all of sports coverage and slapped them together. The only way it could get any worse is if they let Rick Fox and Bill Walton become permanent fixtures on the set.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Agreed about TNT. The production value of TNT's broadcast just blows away anything that ESPN/ABC has to offer.

Visually, the game just shows better, colors appear richer, and the audio is great. They do need to ditch experimenting with camera angles, just stick to basics. And course, Kenny/Chuck/Ernie in the booth and Craig S. working the sidelines pretty much kicks the a$$ of the other stations.

All of that being said, it still falls short of the NBA on NBC, which was the G.O.A.T. production.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

The only thing that could make TNT's coverage somehow better would be hiring Gary Payton as a sideline reporter. How hilarious would it be to have The Glove broing down with players and interviewing people coming off the court at halftime/after games?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: