Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default inFamous 2

Anyone going to pick this up? It's out in 10 days. I have a $20 credit with Amazon from some stuff including pre-ordering L.A. Noire. Pre-ordering gets you 5 exclusive items plus a code for the Uncharted 3 demo.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: inFamous 2

It looks really nice visually, I heard they were trying to out-do Uncharted 2?
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Anyone going to pick this up? It's out in 10 days. I have a $20 credit with Amazon from some stuff including pre-ordering L.A. Noire. Pre-ordering gets you 5 exclusive items plus a code for the Uncharted 3 demo.

The Uncharted thing is the Multiplayer beta. I thought it was just a single player demo.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I really want to because I loved the 1st but I have so many new games recently. I just finally got a new pc after like 5 years so I've been playing Starcraft 2 a lot and The Witcher 1 & 2. Plus grabbing LA Noire. Too much shit, too little time!
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Cant wait definitely a must buy for me. Unfortunately im not getting it right away.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I might wait. I want to get the first one.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Yeah I might wait. I want to get the first one.
Its a great game, Its pretty hard and long but its still a great game.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I'm actually thinking about picking up some games I missed out on:

Uncharted 1+2
GTAIV
Batman Arkham Asylum
Infamous
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:

Uncharted 1+2
GTAIV
Batman Arkham Asylum
Infamous
I did not really like Batman but thats just my opinion. The rest of the games you mentioned are Amazing.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I did not really like Batman but thats just my opinion. The rest of the games you mentioned are Amazing.

Well I want to play it in preparation of the sequel being released.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Its pretty hard and long

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Did not mean it like that bro
Old 05-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Well I want to play it in preparation of the sequel being released.

Just read up on the review (thread) I made in this forum about Uncharted 2; seriously, the best game I've ever played on any console/PC. Just a flawless game...
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Its a great game, Its pretty hard and long but its still a great game.
That's what she said!

I played the demo last weekend and it was boss. It controlled BETTER than the first game and the first game had super kick ass controls.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really liked InFamous, but it wasn't a ten for me, like some of the other games you listed. In fact, of the four games you list Pete:

Quote:

Uncharted 1+2
GTAIV
Batman Arkham Asylum
Infamous

I would say InFamous is the worst. It's still a solid 8.5 though. The control of traversing the city as you level up is just spectacular, I actually said at the time that it was at least as cool as getting around in Assassin's Creed, and that's the best part of that game too. And leveling up the attacks are all pretty cool. My only real gripe was that the enemies had very little "weight" to them, if that makes any sense. They just wore different colors as you moved along, getting a little tougher each way. They respawned a lot. They had almost no character. So they just felt like flimsy obstacles with a lot of pointing and button mashing at them.
Oh, and the end guy was a ginourmous ass pain of an end guy who I absolutely hated playing against.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: