Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
Maniak
TJ Warren

Arrow New Orleans Hornets - An Underdog Story || 2k11 Association

Hey, I'm Maniak. Even though I have too many posts to count on one hand, you may not know who I am. Anyways, I did one of these a long time back(on a different forum) and I'm going to go at it again.

58 game season, I will be playing most of them, except Im simulating the first season. I play on 7min quarters and the simulated games are set to either 8 or 9. Don't remember. Playoff format is 1/1/3/3. So yes, consider this an abridged version of an NBA season...kinda. I'm not going to describe how the thread will look, you'll just see as I go along, I suppose. I don't really know what difficulty its on, but its not too easy and its not too hard.

So yes, the first season will be simulated. I'll post some basic stuff like who won the championship. I'll make some sort of post in this thread as much as I can, and I hope to get at least 1 game played per day.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Maniak
TJ Warren

Default Re: New Orleans Hornets - An Underdog Story || 2k11 Association

reserved for no apparent reason.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Maniak
TJ Warren

Simmed the whole season. We actually barely missed the playoffs.

MVP-Derrick Rose
ROY-John Wall
Sixth Man-JJ Hickson
DPOY-Dwight Howard
MIP-Marcin Gortat
CoTY-Lionel Hollins (Grizzlies went 38-20)

Chris Paul was named to all NBA 2nd team, and all defensive second team.

Spurs won the NBA Finals over the Pistons. Pistons were the 8th seed, and San an was the first. Manu won Finals MVP

Some pretty big names retired. Shaq, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill. Both Shaq and J Kidd are getting inducted into the HoF as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Maniak
TJ Warren

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012-13 New Orleans Hornets!!!! ...for now.

CE-Emeka Okafor/Deandre Jordan
PF-Carl Landry/Bismack Biyombo/Louis Amundson
SF-Dorell Wright/Quincy Pondexter/Patrick Ewing Jr
SG-Richard Hamilton/Terrico White/Thabo Sefolosha
PG-Chris Paul/Nate Robinson

First game will come tomorrow. Maybe tonight...Probably tomorrow.

Head Coach Monty Williams was recently interviewed

"Oh yeah, I'm very excited about our team. We have a lot of young firepower and really won on draft night. I think this team will be able to turn some heads this year. All our players are very focused and have a will to win."

New to the Hornets last year, Richard Hamilton is enthused about his new teammates.

"At first I was shocked I was coming to New Orleans. I was pretty hesitant about staying by the end of the year. Man am I happy I stuck to it. There is some young talent I'm eager to be able to mentor a bit, and I think I'll be able to trust them if I need more rest as the year goes on."

The New Orleans Hornets will be playing the Miami Heat in their first game.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Maniak
TJ Warren

A little feature I will be adding to this thread is Chris Pauls twitter. Random stuff I feel like adding from Chris Pauls perspective.

@CP3-New Orleans is PACKED tonite for our season opener vs miami! thanks for all the love! this is for you fans!

The New Orleans Hornets are ranked 3rd in the league for defense, and 15th for offense. 8th overall.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Man, you've got me itching to want to do one of these, but I'm pretty hard pressed for time, and my piece of crap latop is on it's last legs and I can't get a new one until the end of July.

Looking good so far, though. New Orleans is an intriguing team.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Maniak
TJ Warren

How to Beat The Heat

Despite a 26-18 scoring advantage for the Heat in the fourth quarter, they still lost by 8. But how? They had more assists, more steals, more points in the paint, and more second chance points than the New Orleans Hornets. Yet they still lost?

If you watched the game, you'd understand why. The New Orleans Hornets showed tonight that they are one of the strongest defensive teams in the NBA. 5 blocks compared to 1 from Miami really helped. And then theres the stats you don't see on the box score, like perimeter defense. The Heat looked horrible in the first half, shooting 37% compared to New Orleans 55%.

But one concern for the Hornets is the fact they got outscored 43-37 in the second half.

"Our second half performance left something to be desired, but lucky for us we held it down on defense in the first half and were able to shoot the lights out the whole game. Without the defense we had, there is no doubt in my mind we would have lost." - Carl Landry. Landry scored 15 points and got 3 rebounds and a pair of blocks.

Another concern was their turnovers. They had some bad passes that tried to cross through the paint that were easily picked off by Chalmers and James.

"You can only ask so much in our first game, man. We're still getting used to each others styles, and the plays we run. I'm just happy with the W and we're on to the next one." - Chris Paul

Now lets get to the stats.

Dorrell Wright led the Hornets with 19 points and 2 steals. He shot an amazing 4 for 5 from 3, and his quick release proved to be deadly to his former team.

Chris Paul had 16 points and 8 assists, with only 2 turnovers. His pick and roll play with Carl Landry looked very good, getting Landy some easy open dunks.

Richard Hamilton had a quiet shooting night, going only 3-7 from the field, but he picked up 6 rebounds alongside his 7 points.

The Heat were led by LeBron, who score 22 points.

Bosh also had a good game, once he picked it up in the second half. he had 15 points and 5 rebounds on 6-11 shooting.

Wade was quiet as well with only 11 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, on 4-8 shooting.

"We gave it our all out there and sadly for us, it all didn't click until the second half, and that wasn't enough." - Chris Bosh

Player of the Game: Dorrell Wright

The Hornets are staying at home to face the Rockets on Saturday, then they will be headed to Memphis to take on the Grizzlies at home on Sunday.

@CP3- good game tonite. my boy dorrell held it down from 3! watch out for this kid

I simulated the second half, and thats really why we did so bad. i was getting bored. also, I almost deleted the post there.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

The Warriors were stupid to trade away Dorrell Wright.Dude is a beast from 3
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Maniak
TJ Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
The Warriors were stupid to trade away Dorrell Wright.Dude is a beast from 3
I like him. His release will take me abit to fully get used to, but it is what it is.

Game 2 is gonna be played right now against Houston.

After the Houston, Memphis, and Lakers game, I'm going to do my first league related article. maybe two.

Actually, I might do one before the laker game, and one after. Hmm.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Maniak
TJ Warren

Was just cooking up a bagel and I have another new good idea. I'm adding another new twitter perspective, @NOHFan. I'll just throw you guys a quick message every once and awhile during a game if some highlight happened or maybe to give you an idea of the score.

@NOHFAN: here in new orleans for our second game. coming off of a huge win over the heat, im pumped! time to rock the rockets!

@CP3-headed to warmup! make sure to watch the game, all my hornets supporters.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
Maniak
TJ Warren

@NOHFan: rockets call t.o. already! rip on FIRE! we're playing the passing lanes very well.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
Maniak
TJ Warren

@NOHFAN: up 23-20 end of 1st. our D is nothing impressive, boys gotta pick it up!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
Maniak
TJ Warren

@NOHFAN: up 41-34 end of 1st half. struggling with rebounds, otherwise, good play.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
Maniak
TJ Warren

Rocking the Rockets

Coming off of an amazing performance against the Heat, the Hornets were sure to not get too cocky.

The first half was very interesting. A close battle with amazing shooting from both teams. Then the third quarter is where it all went wrong for Houston. Six turnovers, on only 3 of 11 shooting, and 1 of 6 from three? How do you expect to win a game like that? Getting outscored 20 to 10 in the third, the Rockets didn't have what it takes.

"Overall I was pretty worried in the first half. We were looking shaky, and our rebounds and defense overall was nothing like against Miami. Then it clicked. [Chris] Paul was able to do everything perfectly. Shooting, passing, stealing. This guy showed why he could be the MVP this season" - Monty Williams

When the final buzzer sounded, the Hornets ended up with 17 steals, and 67 points, compared to the Rockets 5 steals, and 58 points.

Jamie Skeen, power forward for the Rockets, left the game hurt with a Sprained Wrist that will effect him for the next 2-4 weeks, although he will probably be able to play through most of it.

Lets get to some player stats.

Chris Paul led the way for New Orleans, with 14 points, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Richard Hamilton looked very good, with 15 points.

Dorrell Wright was a bit quieter tonight, scoring 11 points, although he also picked up 7 rebounds. Carl Landry had 10 points.

For the Rockets, Kevin Martin led the way, and ultimately carried them(to his maximum potential) with 21 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. A very productive night all around. Scola added in 9 points and 8 rebounds, but he shot a horrible 3 of 11. Very nice interior defense in favor of New Orleans. Yao Ming was relatively quit, with only 8 points and 5 rebounds, but his injuries seem to be OK this season.

So the New Orleans Hornets advance to 2-0 on the season, and will travel to face Southwest division rivals Memphis this Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------------

@CP3: good game boys! already on the plane to memphis. just cant catch much rest. happy with the W, night!

@NOHFAN: amazing game, we stepped it up in the third. now its time to hunt some grizzlies!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

This is sick man. Keep doing it.
EnoughSaid is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: