Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager

More info here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7784

He was previously with the Trail Blazers front office, but they said goodbye to him pretty quickly
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: New Charlotte Bobcats GM will be Rich Cho

I wanted the Knicks to at least interview him. I considered him my third choice for Donnie's replacement (behind WArkentein and Pritchard).
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
More info here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7784

He was previously with the Trail Blazers front office, but they said goodbye to him pretty quickly

His biggest move was ripping off MJ for Gerald Wallace.

Now he works for Jordan.

Funny how things turn out. He has his work cut out for him because Charlotte has no good trade assets whatsoever. Not much of a future either.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
His biggest move was ripping off MJ for Gerald Wallace.

Now he works for Jordan.

Funny how things turn out. He has his work cut out for him because Charlotte has no good trade assets whatsoever. Not much of a future either.

The cats have 2 draft picks in the top 20 and a sizable amount of cap space. The future is what you make of it. Look at Cho's record with OKC.

Up to this point the Bobcats front office has consisted of FOM (friends of Mike) so this move comes as a very welcome surprise.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board
Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager

didn't take long for this guy to find another job.

he is well known around the league for having a great eye for talent as well as a great mind to work to cap. Im happy he found a new situation.

But what does this mean for Rod Higgins? Dude is out as GM? That would be kind of weird as him and MJ have a pretty solid relationship.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
didn't take long for this guy to find another job.

he is well known around the league for having a great eye for talent as well as a great mind to work to cap. Im happy he found a new situation.

But what does this mean for Rod Higgins? Dude is out as GM? That would be kind of weird as him and MJ have a pretty solid relationship.

He's been promoted to president of basketball operations.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a Blazers fan, I am glad for him and I hope he does well in Charlotte. He didnt get enough of a chance to prove himself in Portland. The only real move he made was the Gerald Wallace trade, which was a great deal IMO

He was fired because he and the team owners had a different vision on how to run the team. I really don't get it though.. Why was he hired in the first place? Don't you discuss in what direction you want a team to go before you hire a person as a GM? Paul Allen needs to put some faith in a GM and Cho seemed like the guy to me.
Pritchard was fired for different reasons, but personal issues between him and the ownership was a big part of it as well Pritchard made some bad moves (getting injury riddled players) and there are rumors about him being an *sshole pretty much, but most people agree that he did a solid job as a GM.. and Cho was fired and he didnt even get a fair shot at proving himself.

Portland FO be trippin. Good luck to Rich Cho and the Bobcats!
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The roster needs a major overhaul. Too many players making money and not contributing anything of value - Diop, Carroll, et al.

Time to move Diaw in a trade, which shouldn't be too hard, since he is an expirer. They could send him away to Philadelphia, Cleveland, Sacramento or New Jersey, who could all use his skills.

It wouldn't hurt Charlotte also to draft well.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
He's been promoted to president of basketball operations.

oh snap!

good info. This will keep Higgins away from the daily grind of day to day as the GM, I don't think he could have picked a better guy as GM. He won't need to look to Cho every 15 minutes to make sure he is on his p's and q's.

maybe they can finally get rid of some of the guys Larry Brown screamed for and didn't play
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope he trades Cunningham and Pryzbilla for Gerald Wallace!

That would be a preetty solid trade! Throw in a top 20 protected first rounder for good measure!
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
Djsonny
Kids at the park dunk on me

Djsonny has an OK reputation so far

IMO, he was tossed out of portland because he wanted to suspend Roy for his piss poor attitude and it become public, a week later he was fired. If it didnt make it public I believe he would still have a job. I think he did a good job with the Wallace signing. I dont think the bobcats are in a bad position, plenty of cap space, a few good lottery picks and after some contracts rolls off, this could be a good team. I think the cats are going to be another lottery team this year but adding another lottery next year might be what they need. Henderson and the new look augustin does have a bright future.
Djsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paul Allen: Rich Cho you ****in scrub. This is what I paid you for. TWO wins, TWO against the ****in Dallas Mavericks. Me and Bron could beat the Mavericks. You worthless POS. If the Mavs win more than one game against the Lakers I buy myself an iPhone and shove it up my ass, you clown.

YOU ARE FIRED.

You probably think that the Mavs will win the title and then Michael Jordan will personally hire you, you delusional ****.

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bobcats dynasty begins next season. BOOK IT.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #14
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Why is this stickied?
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #15
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
He was fired because he and the team owners had a different vision on how to run the team.

I heard he was fired because Paul Allen simply didn't like him on a personal level. Nothing to do with the business aspect at all.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: