Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Knick and Pacers discussing swap of first rounders in 2011 NBA Draft

Quote:
The New York Knicks are reportedly trying to swap first round picks with the Indiana Pacers to move up and grab a shooter.

In a swap, they would only be moving from No. 17 to No. 15. They better give up virtually nothing to make the move in a weak draft.

Jimmer Fredette, Markieff Morris, Klay Thompson, and Marshon Brooks are their targets.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...1st-round-swap

I would be pretty happy if Indiana agrees to swap picks with us. That pretty much leaves us with the choice of Morris or Fredette.

I really like Morris and he brings the energy, boards and defense that this team is going to need this upcoming season. The only problem is that his time in New York will have to be speant as a bench player. Its likely NY will sign a center this off season, plus Morris is too small to play C anyway. His career in New York would probably be speant backing up Stoudemire.

Jimmer Freddette gives the Knicks the shooter they want with out a doubt. His first year in New York he could speand learning and being groomed by Chauncey Billups while providing a spark off the bench. After that, if we strike out with Chris Paul than he could either take over as the starter at PG, or if Douglas earns the spot, he can replace the role Douglas had as first guard off the bench.

Freddette seems like a guy with a head on his shoulders (not saying Morris isnt) and if he buys in to what D'Antoni can teach him on offense and what Chauncey can teach from experience he could have a very good career.

Edit: Sorry for not posting in the 2011 Draft thread. Forgot it was there.

Last edited by Bano114 : 06-15-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Knick and Pacers discussing swap of first rounders in 2011 NBA Draft

I'd be so pissed if we moved up to get a Morris twin.There is nothing special about their games and the better of the two,Marcus,is an undersized pf tryna convert into a sf.He's a poor man's Darrell Arthur.

With Jimmer,I have mixed feelings.He's a big risk and very one dimensional. That being said,that one dimension is pretty damn good.Its scary though when a guy could be as good as Steph Curry or as bad as JJ Reddick.

Klay Thompson isnt bad but I kinda didnt like his post workout interview with us.He pretty much said he wouldnt mind playing for us but would be disappointed if he slipped far enough to be drafted by us @ 17.He isnt THAT good to where he should be a lock for the lottery.

You guys already know how I feel about Marshon Brooks!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Knick and Pacers discussing swap of first rounders in 2011 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

I'd be so pissed if we moved up to get a Morris twin.There is nothing special about their games and the better of the two,Marcus,is an undersized pf tryna convert into a sf.He's a poor man's Darrell Arthur.

With Jimmer,I have mixed feelings.He's a big risk and very one dimensional. That being said,that one dimension is pretty damn good.Its scary though when a guy could be as good as Steph Curry or as bad as JJ Reddick.

Klay Thompson isnt bad but I kinda didnt like his post workout interview with us.He pretty much said he wouldnt mind playing for us but would be disappointed if he slipped far enough to be drafted by us @ 17.He isnt THAT good to where he should be a lock for the lottery.

You guys already know how I feel about Marshon Brooks!

Freddette doesn't have Curry's handles but Brooks is a baller. Honestly Morris does fill our need for defense and rebounding but he doesn't fill it to the point where it's worth passing on Freddette or Brooks. I would take a chance on those 2 guy's potential over what Morris could bring any day.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this move gets done, I think it may be for something bigger, because I think our main targets still will be gone even by the Pacers pick.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I hope we're not moving up to take Singleton. Please be for Alec Burks!!
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wonder what the deal is
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know, but since we are still in 2012 mode, better stock pile some talent.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From 17 to 15 ?

Why would we give anything to move up 2 spots ?
Let's not act like this draft is filled with amazing talents and 2 spots will give us a much better player.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
From 17 to 15 ?

Why would we give anything to move up 2 spots ?
Let's not act like this draft is filled with amazing talents and 2 spots will give us a much better player.
15 is the pick right outside of lotto, so it has some value as well.

But I don't think we even keep the player we draft.

I'm thinking/hoping there is a trade on draft night.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
15 is the pick right outside of lotto, so it has some value as well.

But I don't think we even keep the player we draft.

I'm thinking/hoping there is a trade on draft night.
do u think it wud be something big?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Morris twins rebounded n played D in college @ the 4 but in the pros they probably have to play sf;especially Marcus.Chris Singleton is good.He may be the best defender in the draft BUT he's also a SF.SF is probably the LAST position we need.MY #1 choice obviously is to take Brooks.My second choice would be to trade down...Maybe we can trade Douglas and our #1 for Chicagos 2 late #1s.Then,I'd take Charles Jenkins and JaJuan Johnson or Jeremy Tyler.I think we have options for once and not much pressure to make the perfect pick.We're right in the middle of a decent yet vanilla draft.You'd have to be an idiot to mess this one up.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation

Indiana is struggling financially, so this would probably be a straight swap with cash headed their way.

I have a feeling the Knicks would be targeting Morris tho, it seems a lock that Philly wants him at 16
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
The Knicks believe Thompson can start as a rookie at shooting guard, which would enable them to move Landry Fields into a sixth-man role. There was an Indy report the Knicks were trying to move up to 15, swapping with Indiana, and giving up Toney Douglas, but a club source said the Knicks feel confident they'll get a good player at 17 even if Thompson doesn't drop.

The Knicks, who have no second-round picks due to the Carmelo Anthony trade, are more likely to add at least one more pick. They have explored adding one late first-rounder and a second-rounder, with James Dolan's cash the major pawn.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1PX0qt8bj

looks like thers nothing into the swap with indy, but knicks still looking to buy a few picks
Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
looks like thers nothing into the swap with indy, but knicks still looking to buy a few picks
I am thinking of a draft day deal.

If not players involved, we will be acquiring some late picks, possibly two.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I must admit I got excited about the "giving up Toney Douglas" part. lol Let's do it.Toney Douglas and the 17th pick for AJ Price or Lance Stephenson and the 15th pick.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: