Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Default Grey Dawn's summary from the Raptors Draft Party (Season seat holder's)

So I was at the Raps season seat holder draft party tonight @Real Sports Bar (my bro got cheapish season seats for next year but couldn't go so got my name put on the list), it was rammed until about 8pm, but was better and more fun than I expected. Here's my summary of being there, where the one big let down was....the Raptor's pick...

-Matt Devlin hosted from 6:30-7pm

-endless massive amounts of RealSports wings, chocolate fountain, grilled meats, etc. etc.

-at about 7 Matt Devlin called the Raptors that were there out...didn't even think that any would be there, present were Demar, Sonny, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Solomon Alabi. They signed an auto or two then were carted off to corners for another 15 mins or so of autos, then were taken into a small VIP area

-WIDESPREAD AND OVERWHELMING CHEERS WHEN TRISTAN THOMPSON GETS DRAFTED AT #4

-WIDESPREAD AND OVERWHELMING BOOS WHEN VAL GETS DRAFTED BY THE RAPS AT #5 (seriously, the whole place was silent and glum looking right after the pick was made, half of the place left angry within 5 minutes of the pick being made)

-best part for me, my wife accidentally got given a VIP pass when she got there so she got to go up to the VIP where the Raps were a few minutes before they left and talked to Sonny (her fav player) and got her hat autographed by Sonny, Demar, Ed Davis, and Alabi!
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Default Re: Grey Dawn's summary from the Raptors Draft Party (Season seat holder's)

Not really understanding the hate on Valanciunas, but oh well.

Sounds like a fun night, and great news for your wife.

I especially liked the part about endless wings.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Default Re: Grey Dawn's summary from the Raptors Draft Party (Season seat holder's)

I think a lot of people wanted Knight or Walker. I was a little stunned myself when the pick was announced but I suppose it's okay. Don't know where we'll find our PG of the future but if we have a center that can rebound things will go swimmingly.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Up until today I had us slated to take Valanciunas. This morning I was almost certain we'd take Knight, but I'm pretty pleased with the pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Any "Trade Bargnani" chants?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Sonny Weems is her fav player? lmao

shoulda picked knight
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Sonny Weems is her fav player? lmao

shoulda picked knight

Yeah she picks fav players based on her rating of looks/attractiveness. Also high on her list are Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard.

I was really hoping and was surprised that we didn't pick Knight, lots of people cheered pretty loud when Kanter went #3 too, presumably because it meant we had Knight locked down with Cleveland already having Irving at PG thus wouldn't take one with the 4 pick. Oh well, another year of tanking and hoping for a high pick is surely what this year holds (not that drafting Knight would have made us amazing but how many years do we have to learn the 'should've drafted a PG' lesson?)

Some other things I didn't mention, Jack Armstrong, Leo Rautins, Sherm Hamilton, and a few others were there for varying amounts of time, based on the crowd Demar is far and away the fav Raptor, I also got my jacket signed by Demar when he was briefly in the non-vip section, and TRUST ME, Jack Armstrong was ALL OVER those unlimited free wings, I think I saw him feed his face with at least 6 of them while I was standing near him for like 5 mins.

Last edited by Grey Dawn : 06-23-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

6 wings in 5 mins? thats weaksauce if they were free I'd be putting down 6 every 3 minutes lmao

sounds like a good time besides the actual pick itself smh
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #9
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
6 wings in 5 mins? thats weaksauce if they were free I'd be putting down 6 every 3 minutes lmao

sounds like a good time besides the actual pick itself smh

Yeah it was fun.

Oh and my personal wing count was a little over 20 over the course of the evening).
Old 06-24-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
AC Earl
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Any "Trade Bargnani" chants?

I dont think there were any "Trade Bargnani" chants, but there was one slide on the broadcast where they showed Euro's drafted in the top 10 or something. Bargnani was at the top of the list and when they showed that slide, there was a lot of booing and hissing.
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: