Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far
Default Austin Hatch, HS class of 2013, from Indiana

Anybody heard about him?
2013 Michigan basketball commit from Indiana. He was in a plane crash at 8 and lost his mom and two siblings in that crash. Just a few days ago, he was in another crash and he lost his father and his step-mom. I gotta say, I haven't heard of many people who've had to go through that much at his age. Even if you aren't a Michigan fan, you have to feel for him.
Best wishes go out to Hatch.
http://www.umhoops.com/2011/06/27/au...nues-to-fight/
http://www.umhoops.com/2011/06/26/th...#disqus_thread
http://www.umhoops.com/2011/06/25/ha...#disqus_thread
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Austin Hatch, HS class of 2013, from Indiana

Story's truly tragic in every definition of the word. A HS senior and he's the only remaining survivor of his immediately family. No idea what's going to happen with his basketball future, just hope he can make a strong enough recovery to continue his life just like the rest of us.

I'm kinda close to this story, Indiana kid, have relatives that've coached him in the summer circuits. Just, I dunno, really don't even know what to say other than I hope he can come out of this relatively OK.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Even if he can't play basketball again, I'd like to see him attend U of M on a medical scholarship or something of that sort.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I heard about this story. Unfortunate, hopefully he has a strong support group around him. I cant imagine having all that taken away at that age. Hopefully he pulls thru and is able to get back to playing basketball. Not that basketball is that important in general but could be a place he finds comfort in dealing with what he went thru. Many use sports that way.

Sad story.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/07/01/au...emains-stable/
Very glad to hear he is recovering. I wasn't sure if he would make it at first.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's still recovering, but he's out of the hospital and back home. Wherever home is now for him, this is just such a tragic story.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: