Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Now with a strike looming, what to do?

Hmm.....We already have a thread pm the Blue Jays and none on the Maple Leafs (sorry for the jab, Leaf fan...s)....But what is there really to talk about?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Now with a strike looming, what to do?

The NBA lockout doesn't have a huge effect on me to be honest, because it's not like i'm in any sort of rush to argue over how and why we suck. The whole thing is just annoying to me in general how the NBA and NFL both are having lockouts when all these people are loaded... thus taking away what a lot of fans consider a relief from the real world.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

At least we don't have to watch this horrible team play a full season.

Just lookin for the silver lining.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
At least we don't have to watch this horrible team play a full season.

Just lookin for the silver lining.
Exactly. I'm with you there bro. Must suck more for fans of GOOD teams.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even with our team being shit.. I hope to god we don't lose a full season. Watching our team lose is still more fun then not watching basketball for a year.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
Even with our team being shit.. I hope to god we don't lose a full season. Watching our team lose is still more fun then not watching basketball for a year.
In all seriousness, I disagree. If we make some trades and get some guys in here who play hard and care about winning, then by all means, win or lose I will love the Raps just as much as I always have. But if we turn in another effort similar to last season, then my stance will remain the same as it is now. I would probably suffer a little bit for losing basketball as a whole, but losing Raptors basketball specifically at this point and time wouldn't be a huge blow for me.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well for me last year, I enjoyed watching DeMar and Ed develop. That along with watching some of the good opposing players made up for how pathetic the Raptors were as a whole. Obviously I can understand where your coming from, but for me I'd still rather have the option to watch the Raptors get blown out on a nightly basis.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Well for me last year, I enjoyed watching DeMar and Ed develop. That along with watching some of the good opposing players made up for how pathetic the Raptors were as a whole. Obviously I can understand where your coming from, but for me I'd still rather have the option to watch the Raptors get blown out on a nightly basis.
Ed Davis only really got PT the last 10-15 games or so, and I enjoyed some of those games. But 60+ games were unwatchable to me, even though I tried watching several of them. But I mean to each his own.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Lets talk about Bargnani.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ed Davis only really got PT the last 10-15 games or so, and I enjoyed some of those games. But 60+ games were unwatchable to me, even though I tried watching several of them. But I mean to each his own.

Its true about Ed only getting PT the last 10-15 games.. but I was more so watching DeRozan then him anyways.. the last 10-15 games with Davis playing significant minutes was just a bonus at that point in time.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i am a fan of the game and the players. On any given game night, when i have time, i will watch a good game. I love TNT and ESPN games regardless of who is playing. Not having a NBA season is going to suck really bad for me, especially since i was planning to go to a lot of Bulls games this season.

the thing with teh raptors is, regardless of when the NBA returns, this raptors team is going to suck. Whether we return in October or January or next season...this team is going to suck unless we do something different. so makes no difference to me in terms of the raptors.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

well if there is no season maybe we will return with val and barnes.
the team will still suck for a bit but it would be exciting to watch.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
well if there is no season maybe we will return with val and barnes.
the team will still suck for a bit but it would be exciting to watch.

Would have a better chance at Barnes if we played this season out..
Old 07-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Would have a better chance at Barnes if we played this season out..

Yeah, we (the Raps) really do need for this season to happen in at least abbreviated form. Remember the positive side of sucking so bad is high draft picks, which last year most of us agreed this team needs badly as we're never going to sign any top tier free agents unless we're already really really good.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

so if the entire season is axed how is the draft order set? dont tell me its the same as last seasons. the cavs would be ridiculous if that were to happen.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: