Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Deron Williams chooses new agent

A player selecting an agent isn't necessarily a big deal, but it's worth skim-reading this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7931

Useful stuff about who represents the top possible free agents of next summer.

Also, click that for my quick-take at the bottom
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deron Williams chooses new agent

It's not a big deal, but it certainly is a sign he's not 100% set on signing his extension right away when the lockout ends. If that was the case, there's no reason to change agents groups, etc.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

i wonder how much money marbury saved by being his own agent

10% is the vig right? fvcking jip if you ask me
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

It would have been interesting had he hopped on board with LeBron's people. Fun conspiracy theories would then develop
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's not a big deal, but it certainly is a sign he's not 100% set on signing his extension right away when the lockout ends. If that was the case, there's no reason to change agents groups, etc.
Kris Kardashian picked a new one too OMG hes leaving with Deron
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Same agent as Kidd and Chandler. Hes coming home.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

^ Same agent as Blake Griffin as well
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Same agent as Kidd and Chandler. Hes coming home.
Naah man, he's going to LA.

Tyson Chandler= From LA
Kevin Love= From LA
Lamar Odom= Plays in LA
Blake Griffin= Plays in LA
Paul Pierce= From LA
Jason Kidd= From Cali

Deron is definitely going to LA. Solved it!
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Naah man, he's going to LA.

Tyson Chandler= From LA
Kevin Love= From LA
Lamar Odom= Plays in LA
Blake Griffin= Plays in LA
Paul Pierce= From LA
Jason Kidd= From Cali

Deron is definitely going to LA. Solved it!

There you go Nets fans, we have decided it. Clippers or Mavs it is.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Kris Kardashian picked a new one too OMG hes leaving with Deron
If you were dead set on signing the extension, explain the need to change agents? or even have an agent? Set money, no negotiation, no teams to scout, etc. I didn't say he's leaving, i just said it's not a done deal. You're upset because you know i'm right.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Would love to see him in a Mavericks uniform. Love it!

But, as a general NBA fan, if the Mavs cant have him then I would love to see him paired up with Blake Griffin. Wowzers.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey

If you have the knowledge and capabilities to get the most out of negotiations it would be wise, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the idea is that the agent can get them more than their 10% fee as gravy by using their services..
Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey

from what I read in a quote from Drew Rosenhaus it's only 4%. they get 10% from the marketing deals.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Would love to see him in a Mavericks uniform. Love it!

But, as a general NBA fan, if the Mavs cant have him then I would love to see him paired up with Blake Griffin. Wowzers.

I'd love to have him in either Dallas or LA but I don't see how Dallas swings it with their current cap situation and lack of young assets unless things drastically change under the new CBA.

D. Will has gone out of his way to praise Griffin a number of times and has spoken about how great it would be to play with him

+

Clips have some nice assets to work with. Early lottery pick (Minny's pick) in deep draft next year, Aminu/Bledsoe/Deandre Jordon and, if necessary, we could send Eric Gordon.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If you were dead set on signing the extension, explain the need to change agents? or even have an agent? Set money, no negotiation, no teams to scout, etc. I didn't say he's leaving, i just said it's not a done deal. You're upset because you know i'm right.
Not upset at all. Him signing with a new agent has been talked about for a while, you like to make small things into big things especially if it has something to do with the Nets.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: