Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Video: Lakers rookie Ater Majok (No.58 pick) plays at Rucker Park

Here's some info on how Lakers rookie Ater Majok played at Rucker Park Monday.

Two video clips inside:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7986
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Video: Lakers rookie Ater Majok (No.58 pick) plays at Rucker Park

I like it when NBA (level) players play against 'regular' (inferior) competition. Cool to see how they do. Ive never heard of Majok, but he won't make it to the roster anyway. I'd be surprised if he makes it to the league at all..
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
I like it when NBA (level) players play against 'regular' (inferior) competition. Cool to see how they do.

I agree. I always bring it up, but it was fun seeing Mike Dunleavy Jr. play an EBC game on ESPN back in the early 2000's. I probably remember him doing better than he actually did, but it was just crazy to realize this normal NBA rookie was actually about 6'10'' and could rain from 30 (in addition to blocking shots at Rucker and dunking).
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I agree. I always bring it up, but it was fun seeing Mike Dunleavy Jr. play an EBC game on ESPN back in the early 2000's. I probably remember him doing better than he actually did, but it was just crazy to realize this normal NBA rookie was actually about 6'10'' and could rain from 30 (in addition to blocking shots at Rucker and dunking).

It's cool to see how much better, faster, stronger the average NBA player is..

We had Orien Greene playing for Amsterdam a few years back and he didnt fit in with the team really.. Didnt even start I believe. But still, he was just so much more gifted and skilled than most players. Fun stuff to see.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Majok has a ton of talent, he's just extremely weak and has no bball IQ. He was absolutely awful at UConn. A guy with his skills, athleticism and length that can play the 3 and 4 should at least be somewhat productive in college. He's got pretty good shooting ability too.

This compounded with the fact that he's already (or close to) 25 probably destroys any chance he has of making the roster.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

It's considered doubtful that he'll make the Lakers
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: