Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Netflix heads to the 3DS

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1182030p1.html
Only in USA and Canada for now. Plus there planning on 3D Movies. Pretty Cool
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Netflix heads to the 3DS

Ill comeback later tonight an tell ya how it is.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Ill comeback later tonight an tell ya how it is.

You have a 3ds? How's the battery life? This seems like a cool idea but it might not be worth it if the battery dies after one movie.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
You have a 3ds? How's the battery life? This seems like a cool idea but it might not be worth it if the battery dies after one movie.
Really the battery does not die as quickly as people say. I don't have an exact estimate but its about 7-8 hours. If your playing 3ds games its like 4-5hours. And Netflix for this is cool and a nice addition

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 07-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Really the battery does not die as quickly as people say. I don't have an exact estimate but its about 7-8 hours. If your playing 3ds games its like 4-5hours. And Netflix for this is cool and a nice addition

Well that's not too bad. I could see myself getting one once a bit more content comes out for it.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

just downloaded it and messed around with it a little. pretty slick overall. watched the beginning of the fighter.

only problem is now that i've closed out of netflix to go back to ocarina of time it's said "saving data and closing software" for the last 45 minutes. seems to have completely frozen my 3ds and i can't power it down. if i have to wait for the battery to drain to play my 3ds again i'm gonna shit.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Well that's not too bad. I could see myself getting one once a bit more content comes out for it.

Just another reason for me to go out and spend the money on it. I was resisting to buy it just for OoT3D, but Paper Mario 3DS and Netflix on top of it? I was going to wait for the WiiU, but sheeeeeeeit, i might have to get this too.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
just downloaded it and messed around with it a little. pretty slick overall. watched the beginning of the fighter.

only problem is now that i've closed out of netflix to go back to ocarina of time it's said "saving data and closing software" for the last 45 minutes. seems to have completely frozen my 3ds and i can't power it down. if i have to wait for the battery to drain to play my 3ds again i'm gonna shit.
Happened to me to, I just kept holding the Power button down or clicking it over again then eventually it shut off. So down when im done with Netflix I just push the power button not the home button
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Happened to me to, I just kept holding the Power button down or clicking it over again then eventually it shut off. So down when im done with Netflix I just push the power button not the home button
Same for me. Happened the first time only. Netflix is working much better today too. Much faster. Not sure if they did anything. I'm pretty happy with the app.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

yeah, holding the power button down worked.

really liking the application too.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
yeah, holding the power button down worked.

really liking the application too.
How far are you on Ocarina of Time? I got to Water Temple but then the japanese psn came back up and i got my baseball game and got sidetracked. Game is freaking awesome.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
How far are you on Ocarina of Time? I got to Water Temple but then the japanese psn came back up and i got my baseball game and got sidetracked. Game is freaking awesome.
Im dieing for a great game on the 3DS, for someone who never played zelda, should I get it?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Im dieing for a great game on the 3DS, for someone who never played zelda, should I get it?
oh yeah, it's fun as hell. If you are a new generation I MUST HAVE REALISTIC SHOOTER WHERE I SHOOT GERMAN SOLDIRES WITH ONE OF MY 27,000 GUNS video game fan than no. Otherwise it's a great game. It has great atmosphere, it's slow (the intro) for only like a half hour, the dungeons are great, and it has more fun, suprising moments than most any games. It hasn't aged badly at all either. I played it when it first came out on N64 so it's not like i'm super familiar with where everything was. I'm having a great time. And it's long. Highly recommended.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
oh yeah, it's fun as hell. If you are a new generation I MUST HAVE REALISTIC SHOOTER WHERE I SHOOT GERMAN SOLDIRES WITH ONE OF MY 27,000 GUNS video game fan than no. Otherwise it's a great game. It has great atmosphere, it's slow (the intro) for only like a half hour, the dungeons are great, and it has more fun, suprising moments than most any games. It hasn't aged badly at all either. I played it when it first came out on N64 so it's not like i'm super familiar with where everything was. I'm having a great time. And it's long. Highly recommended.
Sounds great. I knew I should have picked it up while at was at walmart
Old 07-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Sounds great. I knew I should have picked it up while at was at walmart
I think people harp too much on "remake", "rerelease", whatever. This got released on Wii but to me that was different, i didn't get it, and that was the same exact game released on Wii. This is the same game in terms of content, but the graphics are cleaner, the new game mechanics using the DS structure are awesome (the gyroscope aiming, and the ability to tap to change items - there is this temple where you need to use a particular item off and on - in the N64 you'd need to pause, enter the menu, go to another menu, change the item, get out of the menu and back to game. And you'd need to switch the item on and off in the temple. Here, you just click, change the item, and go. It makes it much more fun) and it's the first time on a handheld. Please, Nintendo rerelease every awesome game you ever made, i'll be fine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: