Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default NPD - Xbox 360 sells 507,000 units!

Ms is kicking ass in NA, also Infamous 2 sold more than any other game based off of individual sku's. This is not a flamebait thread, just shocked at how well the 360 is doing after six years.

Hardware
Xbox 360 - 507,000
DS - 386,000
PlayStation 3 - 276,000
Wii - 273,000
Nintendo 3DS - 134,000

Last month comparison:
Xbox 360: 270,000
PlayStation 3: 177,000
Wii - 236,000
Nintendo 3DS - 97,000

Microsoft PR:
Halfway through 2011, Xbox 360 maintains its lead in the U.S. console market, selling more units in the U.S. than any other console for 12 of the past 13 months. Even while console and software sales across the industry have slowed, as often happens in the summer, Xbox 360 continues growing, staying on track to have the biggest year in Xbox history in the sixth year of its lifecycle.

Holding 48% share of the overall current-generation console market share, Xbox 360 sold 507,000 units in June, selling nearly twice as many units as other current-generation platforms and maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. for 2011. Additionally, Xbox 360 was the only console in the U.S. to show year-over-year growth in the month of June. (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)
Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in June (hardware, software and accessories) reached $350 million, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)
During the month of June, three of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: "L.A. Noire," "Duke Nukem Forever," and "Call of Duty: Black Ops." (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)

With the holiday season and major launches just around the corner, the second half of 2011 promises to make Xbox 360 history. The size of the Kinect games portfolio will triple by the end of the year and Xbox will bring new partnerships like UFC and Disney to the platform as well as blockbuster games, movies, music and TV together in one place. We expect Xbox 360 to maintain its lead and to be number one worldwide by the end of the year, selling more hardware units than PlayStation and Wii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437311
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NPD - Xbox 360 sells 507,000 units!

who doesn't have a ds? they don't stop selling.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ps3 will always be behind. There I started the flame war
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I'm not surprised that the 360 has been outselling the PS3, but i'm shocked that the Wii's only sold ~55% of what the 360 has. I thought everyone had a Wii.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You thought everybody has a wii? Loll
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Not "everyone"

You know what i mean.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Haha yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if their working on a new console right now.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Impressive.

I wonder how much of it is related to the Kinect, and the 'casual' gamer market.

For 'hardcore' 360 games, I see this as bad news. Microsoft's focus on the Kinect and the 'casual' gamer can only take away from more 'traditional' gaming.

If you like Kinect or motion gaming, then you're good to go.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I'm not surprised that the 360 has been outselling the PS3, but i'm shocked that the Wii's only sold ~55% of what the 360 has. I thought everyone had a Wii.

That's probably why it isn't selling as well anymore, everyone already has one. I imagine the Wii U announcement had an effect on sales, people may just wait for it to come out.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
Wow15Characters
I airball my layups

Wow15Characters has decent reputationWow15Characters has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Haha yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if their working on a new console right now.

Wow, you must be retarded.
Wow15Characters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Infamous 2 is a bad ass game.

I have an XBox 360 & a PS3 but I don't even play the XBox.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #12
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow15Characters
Wow, you must be retarded.

Who the fuhk are you? Don't come at me like that brah I aint Ashbelly
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Its funny how Microsoft PR hides behind its hold over the US market like its some kind of an achievement... here is the detailed info for those who want the complete stats.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

HEY In America we only care about our American game system. Same thing in Japan with Nintendo/Sony
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #15
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Its funny how Microsoft PR hides behind its hold over the US market like its some kind of an achievement... here is the detailed info for those who want the complete stats.

The ps3 is slowly catching up to 360 but their software sales fail in comparison. You can check vgchartz for that as well. I would warn you though, serious gamers will laugh at vgchartz as a source. They are not credible and rely on guesses bc there is no way to track world sales. Japan has media create but that is about it.

Also sony lost this gen, MS and Nintendo stole their market share. I was expecting the ps3 to pass 360 in less than three years. I feel for sry for 360 owners though bc it looks like MS is about to focus mostly on the casual market. I have both consoles but mostly game on my pc so I don't care personally.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: