Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Butler basketball success results in huge financial rewards

From Butler:

For the second consecutive year, Butler men’s basketball has reaped a significant publicity windfall for the University. A study commissioned by Butler’s athletic department found that the Bulldogs’ run to the 2011 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball championship game generated in excess of a half billion dollars in publicity value.

The study, done by Borshoff, monitored and evaluated media coverage of the Butler University men’s basketball team from mid-March to mid-June, 2011. During that period, Butler garnered an estimated publicity value of $512,382,703 through television, print and on-line news coverage. When factoring in social media, the audience reach surpassed 69 billion.

“The incredible exposure that the run to the final game generated goes well beyond the media monitoring report, but this study is an indication of a very significant amount of publicity that Butler has received through our athletics program,” stated Butler Director of Athletics Barry Collier.

“The story of our athletes and their accomplishments in the classroom, as well as on the court, exemplifies the true meaning of student-athlete. And that story has been carried to a much larger audience, thanks to the success of the Butler basketball team,” added Collier.

The study by Borshoff found that the performance of the Butler men’s basketball team generated $60,378,084.41 in television publicity value, $2,792,954.18 in print publicity value and $449,211,664.31 in on-line publicity value. The study did not consider the publicity value of radio broadcasts or talk shows.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Butler basketball success results in huge financial rewards

For comparison's sake, Butler's entire endowment is $128 million
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
For comparison's sake, Butler's entire endowment is $128 million

Dang. That's it? I mean that is good for school of Butler's size. When I was at UConn back in the late '80s and early 1990s, we are pushing $130. I think now we are somewhere around $200 million.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Dang. That's it? I mean that is good for school of Butler's size. When I was at UConn back in the late '80s and early 1990s, we are pushing $130. I think now we are somewhere around $200 million.
I really don't think people realize how tiny Butler is. It has 4500 students. UConn's got almost 5x that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I really don't think people realize how tiny Butler is. It has 4500 students. UConn's got almost 5x that.

True. We have grown alot since I was there. But this is good for Butler.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

You'll regret not coming to UT, Brad Stevens, you mark my words.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
You'll regret not coming to UT, Brad Stevens, you mark my words.

That would be too much pressure for the dude. Sure he probably could have made a lot of money at UT. But some of these schools (Kentucky) have unrealistc expectations for their programs. I don't think UT is like that, but Kentucky is one basketball crazy place. The Wildcat fans in Kentucky get upset if their team goes 30-3 and gets bounced in the Sweet- Sixteen! Brad is safe at Butler.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
goldenboy_smith
Banned

goldenboy_smith is starting to rub some people the wrong way

they lost tho, im jk def goood publicity for all parties :s
goldenboy_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: