Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How hopeful are you for the Dwight sweepstakes in 2012?

Obviously we won't have the cap space but have a great shot at getting him given his love for being in the spotlight, his GF being from LA and reportly trying to get him to sign here

Your thoughts?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How hopeful are you for the Dwight sweepstakes in 2012?

I would love that.. I like Bynum, but please.. You cant say no the superman.

De Ja Vu... We took shaq before.. now we gettin Dwight..
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I think Dwight GF has all the power so maybe he will end up a laker.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
JazMajor
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JazMajor has an OK reputation so far

Get dwight, trade bynum and artest. Bynum can't stay healthy for the whole 82-game season.
JazMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

i hope the Lakers bring him to LA. the hate would be great.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight would take this squad to another level for the next 7 years. Bynum is too injury prone. Dwight is the most durable player in the league. That is trully amazing considering his leaping ability and the work he has to do on both ends of the floor. I doubt we get him, but I also doubt he remains a Magic.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

If it happens, certainly would be nice.

But LA isn't in the best situation to get him, and Dwight's preference won't be able to influence what the management does. What if Orlando was like "Eat a dick Dwight, you ain't going to LA. We're trading you to Miami"?

If it doesn't happen, it's fine too. We don't really need Dwight. LA possibly has the best frontcourt combination in the league. We need perimeter shooting. Point Guard Point Guard Point Guard!
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am extremely hopeful for it. To me, durability is the most important at the center position than anything else (to a certain degree of course). If Dwight was the Injury prone player, and Bynum was the durable player, I would choose Bynum over Dwight simply because durability. That goes to show you I would definitely do Bynum + filler for Dwight in a heart beat.

All you need is Kobe, Dwight, Pau.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I am extremely hopeful for it. To me, durability is the most important at the center position than anything else (to a certain degree of course). If Dwight was the Injury prone player, and Bynum was the durable player, I would choose Bynum over Dwight simply because durability. That goes to show you I would definitely do Bynum + filler for Dwight in a heart beat.

All you need is Kobe, Dwight, Pau.

Insane to think the least amount of games he has ever played in a season is 78, and I know some of those were due to suspension. He is also improved offensively over the past 2 seasons. He still has room to improve as well. With Bynum, I cringe every time he goes up for a high rebound. I hope he can remain healthy because he has enormous potential with his natural offensive and defensive ability.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Like Kobe said about Bynum back in 2007...."Ship his a$$out!"

lol

Really....Dwight would be a upgrade for us. But I have not giving up on Drew....like to see him play a full healthy season. Just don't know when we will have a chance of that happening.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

No doubt Dwight is durable and Bynum can't make it through a season, but until lakers make Bynum first or second option, then we want see his true abilities. Now on the other hand Dwight is Dwight a power/force inside, but that it, his abilities is much limited then Bynum.

I'm leaning toward Dwight for sure, but if Bynum goes to another team he might perform for 82 games and dominate his position.

Overall the lakers could WIN will both players I think.

Last edited by LA.MJ&KB#1 : 08-09-2011 at 03:04 PM.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
If it happens, certainly would be nice.

But LA isn't in the best situation to get him, and Dwight's preference won't be able to influence what the management does. What if Orlando was like "Eat a dick Dwight, you ain't going to LA. We're trading you to Miami"?

If it doesn't happen, it's fine too. We don't really need Dwight. LA possibly has the best frontcourt combination in the league. We need perimeter shooting. Point Guard Point Guard Point Guard!

In case these guys didn't hear you.......

POINT GUARD POINT GUARD POINT GUARD!!!!!!!

Seriously, that's all we should be talking about......fixing our worst position on offense and defense which is.....POINT GUARD!!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
In case these guys didn't hear you.......

POINT GUARD POINT GUARD POINT GUARD!!!!!!!

Seriously, that's all we should be talking about......fixing our worst position on offense and defense which is.....POINT GUARD!!!!!!

ehhh, I mean I agree that we need a point guard, but Dwight is also the best center in the NBA. Probably even has a chance to go down as a great in history. You dont wanna miss out on something like that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

3.51/10, just a rounded number

Dwight is tight, him on any team makes them legit. You can put him with 3 DLeaguers and a ball boy and they got a shot at winning the game.

A couple years ago I was a for sure "NO"
All I could think of was, "dude can't post" thats the only beef I had. Then last year he came with a little more than just the spin-lob. It's baby steps I know, but the progression was what i liked to see. For Orlando's sake, it is best for him to stay, and 2x to LA is not only a slap, but a BltCH slap

I think Bynum has more potential than Howard, but potential don't win titles
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
ehhh, I mean I agree that we need a point guard, but Dwight is also the best center in the NBA. Probably even has a chance to go down as a great in history. You dont wanna miss out on something like that.

I guarantee you that Star for Star, Chris Paul would have a bigger impact on this team than Dwight Howard.......and it's not even remotely close...not in the slightest bit.

Howard wouldn't be the focal point of our offense, he would be behind Kobe and Pau for touches.....with those few touches he becomes Andrew Bynum.

With a REAL point guard penetrating and dishing, Andrew Bynum becomes Dwight Howard.

You take Magic Johnson off the Showtime Lakers and they don't win anything.
As great as Kareem was the team still got to the playoffs and finals without him......Hell, Magic won the first title with Kareem sitting at home for the final game.....and Jordan never had a real good center.

Howard's game is still way too incomplete for me to even consider him a future great.

Howard is not going to make his teammates better, he can't pass, he can't shoot.

With the crap we have at PG now, Howard would be in constant foul trouble anyway.....our problem is NOT at center so our solution is not at center.
If we had a good-very good PG I would say yeah get Howard.....but NO!!!!!

Get Howard = get torched by every PG in the league, even every backup guy.
What are opposing centers doing to us....not much.

As for Howard "Owning" the league.......see "Wilt Chamberlain" How few titles.
Dwight will NEVER approach the dominance of Wilt....much less Shaq.

Get the PG, then I will talk about Howard

Last edited by DKLaker : 08-10-2011 at 11:51 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: