Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 2nd Annual ISH Fantasy Football Money League

The draft shall be held Aug. 23, 2011.

Everyone has paid their entrance fee and this is the final roster:

1. RBA
2. Marlo
3. Posterize
4. IlliniFan
5. SCY
6. Tian
7. BB4life
8. -pt-
9. Dooms
10. Jailblazers
11. KeylessEntry
12. Pete's montreux

The pot stands at $1,236.

UPDATE (8/23)

These are the agreed upon rules:

Payout:
First Place - $680
Second Place - $226
Third Place - $100

$10 per weekly high score (total of $130)
Top point total for the season - $100

Roster Restrictions:

2 QB
6 WR
5 RB
2 TE
2 K
2 DEF

Starting Roster:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 K
1 DEF

DISCLAIMER: Punishment for an illegal roster is an automatic forfeit.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 12-24-2011 at 11:33 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2nd Annual ISH Fantasy Football Money League

drafting in 9 days? We should decide on the other pay-outs in the meantime, what are some proposals?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
drafting in 9 days? We should decide on the other pay-outs in the meantime, what are some proposals?
Well... we are doing weekly payouts just for the regular season, I believe, which lasts for 12 weeks, I believe. That is $120.

This means that we have $1,116 to divide up amongst a few positions.

My proposal would be money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and most points in the regular season.

1st - $700
2nd - $266
3rd - $100

Most Points = $50

What say you?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Well... we are doing weekly payouts just for the regular season, I believe, which lasts for 12 weeks, I believe. That is $120.

This means that we have $1,116 to divide up amongst a few positions.

My proposal would be money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and most points in the regular season.

1st - $700
2nd - $266
3rd - $100

Most Points = $50

What say you?
I'd rather not pay out most points. 700-315-101 :) ?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Roster restrictions was a problem last year. It was a pain when a guy would claim a player off waivers, then have to cut him because he THEN realized he had too much of that position, and the player had to go through waivers again.

I agree with the idea of them I just don't know if we should since Y! can't police it itself. I think RBA said another site he did fantasy on did the roster restrictions for you. If yahoo hasn't all of a sudden added the feature maybe we should look into whether or not to have them.

Oh, and I agree with the payouts for the most part that RBA suggested but would like to see 3rd place get less money and have it go to 2nd. Again, no biggie if people don't like that.

Last edited by StateProperty : 08-14-2011 at 05:32 PM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Hello - glad everything is on track. Really looking forward to the draft.

Nice to see we have a 12th member. Welcome Pete.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Payouts are fine to me in the 1st post. Most points doesn't deserve the same as third place. You can have the most points but finish in 10th place.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

I think most points deserves 100 dollars. To me that is far tougher and requires more skill then winning the league.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im pretty nuetral about roster restrictions. I'm cool either way. And I agree with RBA's payouts. Id like to see second place get more (instead of the weekly payouts we could have split the 120 between first, second, or season high points) but I think 3rd should get their money back.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

why should third get anything? 50 dollar is more then fair for being the second loser.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First thing we need to do is get the final two teams in the actual league on yahoo. Pete and who else isn't in yet?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
why should third get anything? 50 dollar is more then fair for being the second loser.
Yeah, I'd like to see some money taken from the 3rd spot and given to 2nd OR 1st/2nd.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Looking at last year's league and there were 13 reg season weeks.

Just so everyone knows we started 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K and 1 DEF and the roster restrictions were 5 RB's, 6 WR's and maybe 2 QB's and TE's? Not sure on the last one. I'm fine playing without them but would vote in favor of them. To paraphrase RBA's position from last year that this makes the waiver wire mostly useless for RB's and WR's and it allows owners to leave their sleepers on their bench for basically the whole season until they blow up, never having to make the tough decision to drop them.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad

I'm with this line of thought as I stated in the old thread. I'd like to see something more along the lines of:

1st: 700
2nd: 316

1st in points regular season: $50 (mostly because if you place 1st overall on the season you'll likely have taken a few of the weeks as well)
1st in standings regular season: $50 (winning consistently week to week should have some sort of prize)

Weekly payout pool: $120

Also, I'm with State to get rid of the player restrictions. I don't know how you guys regulated that last season, but it doesn't seem as though it went too smoothly.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Third getting money back has always been how the leagues I've been has paid out. I kinda like Tian's idea tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: