Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Revis & Asomugha Logs.

Was going to do this last year but completely forgot about it. For no other reason but my own curiosity, I'm going to keep track of how many times they get thrown at, how many times it was completed and how many yards they allowed - along with penalties and INTS.

There may be certain weeks where I need someones help as I won't be able to DVR every single game of these two teams. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out with those games that I am unable to watch.

2011 NFL Season through week 17

Asomugha:

Man2Man:

34 Pass Targets
15 Completion Allowed - 195 yards, 2 touchdown
3 Pass Interference - 77 yards
16 Incompletions (1 INT)

Facemask - 15 yards (off ball foul, no target)
2X Holding - 10 yards
Offsides - 5 yards

TOTAL - 302 TOTAL YARDS, 1 INT AND 2 TOUCHDOWNS ALLOWED

Zone

7 Pass Target
5 Completion Allowed - 105 yards, 2 touchdown
2 Incompletion (1 INT)

TOTAL - 105 YARDS, 1 INT, 2 TOUCHDOWNS ALLOWED

Revis:

Man2Man:

80 Pass Targets
37 Completions Allowed - 504 yards, 1 touchdown
43 Incompletions (3 INT)

Illegal contact - 5 yards (off-ball foul, no target)
Holding - 5 yards

TOTAL - 514 TOTAL YARDS, 3 INTS, 1 TOUCHDOWN ALLOWED

Zone:

1 Pass Target
1 Completion Allowed - 15 yards

TOTAL - 15 YARDS

Last edited by Carbine : 01-04-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Revis & Asomugha Logs.

If you do this for these two players, then why not for other positions?

DE? LB? QB? RB? WR?

These two players are good but there's already too many topics on these two guys as it is.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched the entire Eagles game and counted 3 Nnamdi targets...one in zone but he was the closest one, so it should count IMO

the QB passes in the zone gaps, it has to go to someone...

this is why different sites have different numbers on this...a lot of it is subjective
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

k I'll do the Antoine Winfield log:

5 pass targets
1 completion allowed, 10 yds
1 interception
6 tackles including 2 for a loss
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

That pi call was garbage truck juice
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I know the pass target you are referring to Prime but that wasn't a "target" in my book. He was in a cover three position and the wideout sat in the soft part of the zone. There was another linebacker who was suppose to have the curl zone over in that direction, but for whatever reason (probably route combinations that made the linebacker move) that was the soft part in the zone.

Of course you would mark that down as a reception against Aso, but realistically that's not the type of reception we think of when someone gives up a reception/gets beat.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I know the pass target you are referring to Prime but that wasn't a "target" in my book. He was in a cover three position and the wideout sat in the soft part of the zone. There was another linebacker who was suppose to have the curl zone over in that direction, but for whatever reason (probably route combinations that made the linebacker move) that was the soft part in the zone.

Of course you would mark that down as a reception against Aso, but realistically that's not the type of reception we think of when someone gives up a reception/gets beat.
impossible to know if that was a cover-3, most cover-3 situations have the two outside CBs deep and and the FS deep in the center (that's the 3)

All I know is that Nnamdi was in a zone and the WR caught the ball next to him...Nnamdi was closer than any other to the play...

I think it is something that could go either way, but this right here is exactly why some sites have different numbers for targets than others, because some people would count that and others wouldn't.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only person who will count 3 targets today is the usual suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
If you do this for these two players, then why not for other positions?

DE? LB? QB? RB? WR?

These two players are good but there's already too many topics on these two guys as it is.

You do them then
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Well, it's not impossible to know first of all - it was clearly a cover 3. Samuals was in his deep third, the safety came up in the robber zone, the other safety had deep middle, and Aso had the deep third of his field. Yep, sounds like cover 3 to me.

However, having watched that play again.... Aso messed up. It didn't register with me during real time because Aso was so far away from the play (he was at least 7 yards away from the guy who caught the ball) but the Eagles were CLEARLY in a cover 3, and Aso was suppose to cover the deep third, but he got caught in no mans land and let the tight end sneak right by him.

Honestly, it looked like Aso thought the team was in cover 2 where he had flat coverage - but the team was most certainly in a cover 3, so that explains why Aso let the tight end go past him without giving a sh!t - and why it ended up being so wide open.

Nonetheless, that reception was Aso's fault. I'll put it into the log.

Gotta watch these games twice, sometimes you miss something in live action!

Last edited by Carbine : 09-12-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

His teammate also went up to him after the play as to say "dude we were in a cover 3, not cover 2" after the play was over.

I'd bet my left nut Aso thought they were in cover 2.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I need to see highlight of that cause it didnt look like his fault at all.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Well, it's not impossible to know first of all - it was clearly a cover 3. Samuals was in his deep third, the safety came up in the robber zone, the other safety had deep middle, and Aso had the deep third of his field. Yep, sounds like cover 3 to me.

However, having watched that play again.... Aso messed up. It didn't register with me during real time because Aso was so far away from the play (he was at least 7 yards away from the guy who caught the ball) but the Eagles were CLEARLY in a cover 3, and Aso was suppose to cover the deep third, but he got caught in no mans land and let the tight end sneak right by him.

Honestly, it looked like Aso thought the team was in cover 2 where he had flat coverage - but the team was most certainly in a cover 3, so that explains why Aso let the tight end go past him without giving a sh!t - and why it ended up being so wide open.

Nonetheless, that reception was Aso's fault. I'll put it into the log.

Gotta watch these games twice, sometimes you miss something in live action!

good job think I am going to like this thread Carbine

it isn't at all hard to believe that Nnamdi would have troubles in zone due to playing near 100% man in Oakland...and after I saw that reception and Nnamdi just standing there that is the first thing I thought "Nnamdi is going to have growing pains in a zone"
Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #13
ThaSwagg3r

This thread just goes to show you how much pressure CBs have.....especially those two. Blowing one play is considered a mediocre game for them. It is crazy.....really.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
This thread just goes to show you how much pressure CBs have.....especially those two. Blowing one play is considered a mediocre game for them. It is crazy.....really.

This is partially why I feel they're both among the top 5 defensive players in the NFL rather easily. Look at the absurd standards they set and are held to. Who else is among them? Probably DeMarcus Ware, Haloti Ngata and the reigning DPOY Troy Polamalu.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602
This is partially why I feel they're both among the top 5 defensive players in the NFL rather easily. Look at the absurd standards they set and are held to. Who else is among them? Probably DeMarcus Ware, Haloti Ngata and the reigning DPOY Troy Polamalu.
Reed only played 10 games last year and led the NFL in INTs

he had 2 picks today...

greatest ball hawk ever?

Troy is insane and arguably the greatest saftey ever but I think Reed is ALSO arguably the greatest saftey ever...they are both insane, I put them both over Ronnie Lott all time.

and yeah Suh might be getting in the debate but right now I have Ngata over Suh as far as DTs go...

I'm sure I'll get called a homer for this but I consider Ware the greatest pass rusher ever, greater than LT..Ware is on pace to have more career sacks than LT, Ware is also much larger than LT was and probably faster or at least just as fast...it shouldn't be too long before Ware is talks of OLB GOAT...at least the pass rush variety of OLBs like Taylor...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: