Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Derrick Caracter Optimistic

Derrick Caracter optimistic the Lakers will re-sign him
Posted by Inside Hoops
Sep
Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times blog reports:

He averaged only two points on 48.5% shooting in 5.2 minutes a game his rookie season, and admitted lacking the necessary conditioning and preparation to excel in the NBA. Yet, Lakers backup center Derrick Caracter remains optimistic the Lakers will exercise their $788,872 option to keep him next season.

“I’m pretty confident that they’ll pick it up based on our conversations [in my exit interview],” Caracter said in a phone interview. “If they don’t, I’m still Derrick Caracter and the basketball player I’m trying to be. My goal in trying to get better doesn’t change.”

That’s why Dan Barto, the IMG Basketball Academy’s pro/college training coordinator who has worked with Caracter for the last three summers, views his stint with the Impact Basketball Academy league in Las Vegas as particularly important in showing he can defend, rebound consistently and finish in the post.

To me this is how Phil Jackson system hurt rookie's on the lakers squad. On a business tip if I had to decide rather or not to resign Caracter I wouldn't because of lack of playing time. You are judge on what have you done lately for us.

Last edited by LA.MJ&KB#1 : 09-15-2011 at 01:20 PM.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Derrick Caracter Optimistic

Its for certain that Caracter has potential to be a good player at his position. 48.5% shooting as a rookie isn't a bad percentage at any rate. He just needs more conditioning, practice on offense, and minutes.

I hope we keep him simply because he has the potential to rise quickly, and with that, he can either be a valuable asset to the team, or a valuable trade asset as well.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He just needs to be pushed in the right direction and given time.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I mean, he looked ok in very limited time this past season, but I go for a veteran big if I had to choose who to go with with the last spot on the roster. He did shoot 49%, but on 2 ppg lol. If no one is avaialbe via free agency, I would not mind him coming back on the cheap. But I put him at a lower priority to re-sign.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

dude has a team option at the min, LA would be silly to let him go.

Kid got low post game for days, his footwork is pretty good, uses that massive frame very well to create space. Now his defense is worse than I expected, and his rebounding is come and go. Conditioning is going to be his downfall, once he gets that fat contract he's going Eddy Curry on dat ass. I think Eddy Curry is a good comparison now that I think about it, except he's 6'9" instead of 6'11"

This dude is going to have a solid NBA career, career backup maybe, but well worth it at the given price.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #6
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

It's not like he was really horrible or anything, he barely played. If we could come back well conditioned, would love to see him back though. He definitely has a lot of potential, and Phil usually just doesn't develop the rookies.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the payroll the Lakers have it would be crazy for them to not keep him on the roster at the minimum. It's not like they really will have the money to tie up much more at that position.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: