Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-27-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Some thoughts about the Knicks

We need a guard who can hit the long ball consistently, preferably a PG with that kind of skill would be perfect. How many times have we seen Eddy Curry pass the ball when the help defender comes, and Marbury either misses the 3 or Francis is too hesitant to shoot the 3 and just drives to the hole.

If we had a PG who could hit that shot consistently, that would burn the defense and would allow Eddy to man-handle the opposing bigman when he's left by himself to guard. I like Q-Rich but his injuries scare me, espicially since their back problems, and I'm not sold on him being a consistent threat from downtown yet. It's funny that you look down this line-up and you don't see one player that your like, "we better not leave him open or he's going to kill us". Maybe Q-Rich or Crawford, but that's about it. Maybe we could package Francis (funny how I wanted Marbury gone, but I really don't care which of them goes) for Mike James and a filler.

I know I might sound a bit dumb, but hear me out. James has a nice shot, last year the dude shot almost 45% from 3 and this year, which is considered a slump year for him, he's shooting 38%, which is as good as our best 3 point shooter. He's also from Amityville, which is ridiculously close to my town, and the dude has a swagger that I like from him. Is he a chucker? Probably, but atleast he has a nice J. Is he the consistent shooter that I'm hoping for? Not really, but he would probably be the best shooter on our team.

Sorry to go on a tangent now, but I wish Crawford would be a spot up shooter and handle the ball less. Has anyone seen how nice of a form Crawford has when he shoots the ball from a spot-up position, it's f-cking beautiful imo. But, he takes too many shots off the dribble and forces too many with a defender right in his face.

Last edited by ALBballer : 12-27-2006 at 01:35 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Crawford did everything you asked, when he came off the bench. He was averaged like 17 and 4 assists off the bench. Injuries forced him to start and the production went down.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I agree they need a guard. But it has to be a shooting guard. A consistent one. Not only from the three point arch but from ANYWHERE. Some one that'll finish off the other team when the Knicks lead by six or seven. Puts the game out of reach when there are a minute and a half left. Killer instinct. Plain and simple. Crawford, to me, doesn't provide that. He provides alot of forced shots and a lot of bad decisions. BAD.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Well there is this one guy that fell right into our lap, but we didn't get him, he goes by the name of Marcus Williams. He can consistantly hit the jumper and also distribute the ball excellently. His defense is also lightyears better than that of Francis.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

True, but we have Balkman, who im very satisfied with; besides, I dont think Marcus Will would have accepted Zeke's order to choke JR
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
EL3U
I hit open layups

EL3U has an OK reputation so far

Our three's guy is Q-Rich....we need him back.
EL3U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
True, but we have Balkman, who im very satisfied with; besides, I dont think Marcus Will would have accepted Zeke's order to choke JR

I'm satisfied with Balkman's D but not with his jump shot. Marcus would have been a better fit I think. But Balkman is an energizer off of the bench so that's a plus.:)
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: