Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boxsgqBoXiQ

this might have been pointed out in the game thread, IDK

f*ckin awesome trick play though...so sick the camera man was juked



too bad it was called back...cause it was a great plan
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

the only Packer that knew where the ball was was the punter...


"hey guys!!!, where is everyone going???!!!"
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz | Utes | Raiders
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,578
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Joe Buck's call of that play was pathetic. For god sakes bring in Kenny Albert/Thom Brennan as the lead announcer, or bring in Gus Johnson away from the FX College Football broadcasts.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,742
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

This was weird, b/c I saw the ball off the punter's leg go to the left immediately, and I was like "Why is everyone going to the right? The ball was kicked left."


Awesome play. Too bad it didn't stand.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,705
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Yeah Joe Buck sucks but someone tell me where the **** the penalty was? Seriously.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Joe Buck's call of that play was pathetic. For god sakes bring in Kenny Albert/Thom Brennan as the lead announcer, or bring in Gus Johnson away from the FX College Football broadcasts.

He's the absolute worst in all of sports. He actually takes me out of games when I listen to him. His catastrophic lack of enthusiasm is remarkable. I honestly just watch the game on mute. I'm not kidding. I put the games on mute when he is commentating.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Yeah Joe Buck sucks but someone tell me where the **** the penalty was? Seriously.
there was not one.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
He's the absolute worst in all of sports. He actually takes me out of games when I listen to him. His catastrophic lack of enthusiasm is remarkable. I honestly just watch the game on mute. I'm not kidding. I put the games on mute when he is commentating.
yeah, dude is terrible.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
there was not one.

On the play in the OP? There was a holding call the return didn't stand.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
On the play in the OP? There was a holding call the return didn't stand.
I know there was a call. But there wasnt a hold.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,780
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

great play, shitty refs, shitty announcer, shitty cameraman. fooled everyone and even the refs got mad
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
great play, shitty refs, shitty announcer, shitty cameraman. fooled everyone and even the refs got mad
as bill simmons said, what a waste of a play (even without the fake penalty). You save that one for when the touchdown will win you the game, not let you lose by 3.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,780
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
as bill simmons said, what a waste of a play (even without the fake penalty). You save that one for when the touchdown will win you the game, not let you lose by 3.
im not sure the bears planned that. i mean it was pretty much done on the fly, you cant anticipate where the punter is going. knox running backwards to catch the ball pretty much tells me that it was unplanned. right when hester sees the punter aiming out of bounds, im sure he just thought at that point to just play around with the packers special teams and run the opposite direction to see if they followed suit.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
im not sure the bears planned that. i mean it was pretty much done on the fly, you cant anticipate where the punter is going. knox running backwards to catch the ball pretty much tells me that it was unplanned. right when hester sees the punter aiming out of bounds, im sure he just thought at that point to just play around with the packers special teams and run the opposite direction to see if they followed suit.
it was definitely planned or every bear blocker would have been next to Knox

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,780
Default Re: Devin Hester's Best Punt Return He Never Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it was definitely planned or every bear blocker would have been next to Knox


special teams recieving the ball usually never keep their eye on the punt returner. they keep their eye on the man theyre gonna block and if GB was fooled, then its likely they would have followed the fooled GB special teams they were gonna block in the first place.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy