Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
EL3U
I hit open layups

Default Missing Q-Rich!

Whats up fellas...new to the forum...hope to stick.

Any word on my boy Q-Rich. He was the Knicks most solid player at the start of the season...he is still our best scoring option , especially for 3's. I hope when he does get back that Zeke gives him the minutes he deserves......Anyone know how bad his back is?
EL3U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL3U
Whats up fellas...new to the forum...hope to stick.

Any word on my boy Q-Rich. He was the Knicks most solid player at the start of the season...he is still our best scoring option , especially for 3's. I hope when he does get back that Zeke gives him the minutes he deserves......Anyone know how bad his back is?

He is a great option for the Knicks. Especially from the perimeter. I think I heard that he might be out until the beginning of January or so. But, who knows, he might make his triumphant return tonite. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Pistons ain't no joke.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

We could sure use him tonight, hopefully Lee and Balkman will provide the punch needed to beat Motown !
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Yes we miss Q.

I thought he should have been the starting 2 not 3.

If we start Q, Lee and Frye they all could swing up or down and make matchup problems for other teams.

I think Isiah is playing contracts not players and that's a losing mentality.

Chemistry is everything with basketball. It as though they have to think as one to be a championship team. That will NEVER happen with Marbury and Francis in the same lineup. It's hard enough to get that into Bury's head. forget Francis, that's why Van Gundy said get this guy outta here.

I think Curry is getting it to some extent but I see a bit of selfishness in him. I don't see that with Frye, Lee, Balkman, Q, Collins, Jefferies and Cato. I can't say that about Marbury, Francis, James, Curry and a guy I really like Nate to some extent. Crawford seems to sit in the middle of that what about me mentality, I guess a scorer has to. Make no mistake about it Crawford is a scorer and is best coming off the bench.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
EL3U
I hit open layups

Good point. Crawford is a very good 6-man at best. I hope Q-starts when he gets back.
EL3U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I love Q-Rich, when he's playing his game. A rebounding, post-up guard, who plays above-average D and he can hit the 3 pretty well is the perfect guard for our team.

So what's the deal with him, is he having back problems again?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Back spasms.

I have a bad back to the point that I am disabled. Once you have back problems there is no return, it just gets worse.

That being said I feel it's best if we use Q off the bench now when he comes back. Tell him that will prolong his career and he would be more useful in the long term.

I think he can understand something like that, he's smart and mature.

A guy like that will always be hurt now. When you have a player like that and he's a starter it upsets the chemistry of the team when he's out.

That's just the way it is in sports.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I thought it were back problems. I have a question, do you think if he were to loose some weight or his mass it could help relieve his back from some pressure? He seems like a big dude (230 or so) and maybe if he got down to 210 it would help. Granted, it could take away from his post game and rebounding abilities.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

How is that as soon as half the team is suspended, there are OT thrillers all the time? Lol, as if our players werent playing enough minutes.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

Is Q going to play tonight ?
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Back spasms.

I have a bad back to the point that I am disabled. Once you have back problems there is no return, it just gets worse.

That being said I feel it's best if we use Q off the bench now when he comes back. Tell him that will prolong his career and he would be more useful in the long term.

I think he can understand something like that, he's smart and mature.

A guy like that will always be hurt now. When you have a player like that and he's a starter it upsets the chemistry of the team when he's out.

That's just the way it is in sports.
I have back spasms also, but they happen quite rarely, usually when I play too hard. As you probably know, its really painful to even sit down, or when you sleep, to move around; I take painkillers, and the spasms go away for a month or so. Youve got to reduce the strain on your back for awhile.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I was operated on and it wasn't successful.

It's beyond getting better......

I think if he did lose some weight it might help with his flexibility. Which would help his back.....maybe.

I really like the guy and his game. It's a shame, he was on his way to having a great season. I hope he gets better and continues were he left off.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wassup with his injury???!! he should be back long ago... start him over Jefferies and Knicks for playoffs!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

i definitely agree with the poster that said zeke is playing contracts. maybe he think his job is so secure he doesnt have to produce wins. the only reason we havent ragged on him more is because we are in the weakest division. hell the whole conference is hot garbage. but back to q. i would love for him to be the starter. forget egos and contracts. Start Marbs and Q in the backcourt. Along with Balkman, Lee and Frye SF PF C respectively. The frontcourt are all double double capable each at the same time. i cant really gauge jefferies yet since he hasnt played much yet. With marbs and q at least we will have one steady shooter that make good shot selection who can defend and has good rebounding. marbs can learn alot about shot selection from q. marbs really should have no trouble averaging 8 assists a game. Although alot of our scoring with this unit would come from putbacks and fouls(hope they hit the free throws). We either lead the league or were close to it in rebounding- offensive and defensive. Also hopefully we get at least 2 wins off this wc trip. we gonna need them.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Marbury
Richardson
Jeffries
Frye
Curry

6th and 7th Man - Jamal and Lee

Please, No Francis.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote