Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

I know you only have one game to work with...but there are lots and lots of college highlights to go on...he was a super stud and no that isn't me being a Sooner homer...he really actually was a complete bad ass in college

And he was a passing threat from hell too in college...Dallas hasn't even messed with that yet when it comes to him...he has the potential to be a huge passing threat in the NFL.

He was taken in the 3rd because of injury concerns, I am not the only person to think that he is a more talented RB than Ingram...there are people that aren't biased that felt that way as well but were worried about the injury stuff.

so tell me ISH...do you see a future star here or no?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

I can't just go off of highlights and I didn't see the game yesterday. I think it's safe to say he has a lot of talent. Looking forward to going to next week's game, I have end zone seats so I'll get a good look at what kind of holes he's working with too. They usually end up being good seats to look at RB's and their line, I knew Jamaal Charles was amazing the second I saw him from end zone seats life. Probably sounds weird but whatever.

Seems to be starter material definitely but whether he's a workhorse guy capable of 18+ carries every game? Gotta wait on that. It's a pretty select group and that's no disrespect to Murray. Just way too early.

You also want to see how he fairs against better quality run D's since St. Louis was dead last. You could say well against a quality run D you could take off 100 of his rush yards yesterday and it's still a sick game but it's not that simple.

I hope he gives me a love/hate relationship the rest of the year (fantasy football vs. reality).
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

couple 1000 yd seasons, nothing special

jerome harrison ran for like 280 once dont go overboard
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

GOAT Cowboy RB?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Another talented And fragile cowboys runningback.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Cowboys fans are funny.

First Felix jones was better than McFadden

Now demarco Murray is better than Ingram. It never ends.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Considering he went to college at oklahoma I would say he is on the same level as AD, lock for first ballot HOF.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
Cowboys fans are funny.

First Felix jones was better than McFadden

Now demarco Murray is better than Ingram. It never ends.
um Felix WAS better than McFadden early on and it definately wasn't only Cowboy fans saying that...I'm sure you had Felix ranked above DMC too thier rookie year and the year after...
Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

He looks very good. We'll see how he holds up to the physical nature of the position. I think that will dictate how he will be perceived.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
um Felix WAS better than McFadden early on and it definately wasn't only Cowboy fans saying that...I'm sure you had Felix ranked above DMC too thier rookie year and the year after...

Felix has never been better than Darren Mcfadden. I cant think of a day I ever rated Felix Jones over Mcfadden. Its just not so.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Felix has never been better than Darren Mcfadden. I cant think of a day I ever rated Felix Jones over Mcfadden. Its just not so.
you have a short ass memory then cause McFadden was viewed as bust his first couple of years...didn't you make a thread asking if this was finally the year he comes out and lives up to his hype?

Felix Jones:
2008: 30 carries, 266 yards, 3 TDs, 8.9 ypc
2009: 116 carries, 685 yards, 3 TDs, 5.9 ypc

Darren McFadden:
2008: 113 carries, 499 yards, 4 TDs, 4.4 ypc
2009: 104 carries, 357 yards, 1 TD, 3.4 ypc

^^^ after 2009 most people had labeled McFadden a bust and Felix was viewed as an up and coming star...

2010 showed otherwise...as well as this year...but that was the consensus after the 09 season I promise you
Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
you have a short ass memory then cause McFadden was viewed as bust his first couple of years...didn't you make a thread asking if this was finally the year he comes out and lives up to his hype?

Bust? Disappointment given his injuries have held him back. And yes I made that thread and notice everyone in the thread not named the jackass err primetime said Dmac could if he is healthy. Really simple, and unfortunately he got hurt yesterday. Not sure how serious, havent checked yet.

Who viewed Dmac as a bust? Not me.

Quote:
Felix Jones:

Darren McFadden:

^^^ after 2009 most people had labeled McFadden a bust and Felix was viewed as an up and coming star...

Its funny how you know what "most people" think. But wouldnt acknowledge the hype and comparisons to Adrian Peterson when I mentioned it in the thread.

Selective ass idiot you are.

Dmac was a starter. Felix was a backup. All I care to know. I wouldnt have switched the two at any year since they were drafted. Has little to do with Felix as a Cowboy and more to do with the fact I dont view Felix as a featured RB in the NFL. Mcfadden I do.

D.Murray in 1 game has come close to doing what Felix jones has produced all season. Again enough said. Kill the noise. You talk about talent this, talent that. If you cant see Mcfadden is more talented than Felix Jones? Then remove his nuts from your face. Or have it surgically done.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Who viewed McFadden as a bust?...where you living under a fckin rock or something?

ask Raider fans...fck

Darren McFadden of Oakland Raiders Sheds Bust Label

McFadden goes from bust talk to talk of the league

Quote:
McFadden, the NFL's best running back? Bar none? Not that long ago, McFadden looked more like a draft bust than the top back in the league. But the numbers say Jackson might be right.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
northwinds
Banned

Quote:

Felix Jones:

Darren McFadden:

2010 showed otherwise...as well as this year...but that was the consensus after the 09 season I promise you

When the powers that be let him play, Peyton Hillis is better than both of his former backfield buddies..... But I think that DeMarco is definitely first ballot HOF material after what he did yesterday...
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Who viewed McFadden as a bust?...where you living under a fckin rock or something?

And yet you couldnt see the comparisons to Mcfadden and Adrian Peterson.

Selective googler.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: