Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-28-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default The Chargers will NOT go to the Super Bowl

I say the Pats will win their 4 championship in 6 years. They'll beat either the Ravens or Chargers on the road. I think Rivers' inexperience will catch up with him against a veteran Patriot D. Tom Brady is still Tom Brady

Last edited by Tarik One : 12-28-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
DěN
Banned

DěN has an OK reputation so far

You are wrong, it is impossible for the Patroits to win their 4th championship in 5 years this year
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

lol.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

patriots dont look as strong as they did in their championship seasons.... I dont think they have quite enough firepower to take the AFC...

it could happen, but I doubt it...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

The Ravens or Chargers will go to the Superbowl out of the AFC, not really caring, I'd take the Ravens, the defense is dynamite.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NE over SD? Yes

NE winning the AFC? No

Ravens are the favorites for the time being.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont even like the Chargers, and ill admit that theyre going to the Bowl, they have the offense, and a decent defense; their only rivals in the AFC are the Ravens, Colts, and the Patriots. Theyll destroy the Colts defense, and I expect them to be able to beat the Ravens, I also believe that they are much more talented, and have a good enough offense to beat the Patriots; the question should be, who from the NFC is going to the Superbowl?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
I dont even like the Chargers, and ill admit that theyre going to the Bowl, they have the offense, and a decent defense; their only rivals in the AFC are the Ravens, Colts, and the Patriots. Theyll destroy the Colts defense, and I expect them to be able to beat the Ravens, I also believe that they are much more talented, and have a good enough offense to beat the Patriots; the question should be, who from the NFC is going to the Superbowl?

Explain how an inexperienced QB, an inexperienced team that hasnt been to the playoffs will defeat a veteran team like the Ravens led on offense by Mcnair (proven) and on defense by 2 former DPOY players in Ed Reed and Ray Lewis? You're buying into the espn hype and that is a FACT!

Tomilson will experience life in the playoffs this season like Barry Sanders used too. SD defense isnt great, its not bad but its not a D that can shut down offenses.

Denver should get into the playoffs. They too can beat SD. That'll be a good matchup for sure.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

If anyones watched the ravens at all this year, It's obvious that they have a great shot of making the superbowl and winning it. They beat pittsburgh a combined 2 games of 58-7. There D is one of the nastiest in years. Just look at their secondary, dear lord. Reed ,Mccallister, rolle. Cant forget terrell suggs, adalius thomas, bart scott, and that ray lewis guy.

McNairs been leading em all the way and Jamal Lewis has been showing some promise getting better each week. Sure Ladainian is amazing, but he's not gonna be getting 150 against ravens D. RIvers has been crap the past few weeks. Plus, san diegos WR's blow, and dont tell me they dont. Gates and LT are their only reliable receivers.

Ravens will be at the superbowl, right it down.

Against who? Tis the question.

Saints, Bears, Seahawks?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Explain how an inexperienced QB, an inexperienced team that hasnt been to the playoffs will defeat a veteran team like the Ravens led on offense by Mcnair (proven) and on defense by 2 former DPOY players in Ed Reed and Ray Lewis? You're buying into the espn hype and that is a FACT!

Tomilson will experience life in the playoffs this season like Barry Sanders used too. SD defense isnt great, its not bad but its not a D that can shut down offenses.

Denver should get into the playoffs. They too can beat SD. That'll be a good matchup for sure.
This QB is leading the number one offense in the league, it may be his first season, but he is strides ahead of Steve McNair. Rivers has been phenomenal and so has LT. The Ravens defense is the best in the league, but the Chargers are the best offensively, they will be able to score often. Im a Giants fan, and I dont want to believe that the Chargers are great, nor do I want to believe that Rivers is better than Manning, but the fact is, he is. I feel ESPN is full of idiots,and I did not derive my opinion from the bull**** that they spew, but rather what ive seen with my own two eyes.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

How about considering San Diegos great Defense before making the Patriots the Champs. Chargers hae a great defense with Castillo, Merriman, Edwards, and Jamal Williams. The Patriots have only played one very good defense this year the Bears and they beat them. But there scedule has been pretty easy this year. And they got shutout by the Dolphins and there defense isnt even as half as good as the Chargers. The Chargers D is great and I think in the Superbowl it will either be the Chargers or the Ravens because there defenses are great. And defense wins Championships.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

NE D is greater than SD D. SD has a good D, not a great D.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #13
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
NE D is greater than SD D. SD has a good D, not a great D.

New England has a good D. But we have Jamal Williams he can stop the Rush then we have the great Linebacker Merriman who can Pass rush. I personally think we have a Better D. We have 4 good linbackers who are strong and pretty fast and we have more weapons. But that is just my opnion. And on Offense Philip I think will be just fine and we have right now the hottest running back in the league and the best running back in the league. I think we will be just fine. Tom Brady is a better quarterback I will admit then Rivers but Rivers is just a rookie give him time I think he will be a pretty solid starter in year or so. And Philips best quarter is always the 4th. His numbers show he is the best quarterback in the league in the 4th quarter. And that is when it most counts. I dont like to predict or anything like that. But I will just say I like our chances.

Last edited by Cool : 12-28-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

As much as I like SD, I dont think they're going to the Bowl either. Ravens are my pick in the AFC
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #15
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

cowboys are going all the way
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: