Mavs notes after beating the Suns Dec. 28
· With the win tonight, Dallas goes up 2-0 in the season series over Phoenix after dropping the final two regular season matchups in 2005-06.
· The Mavericks have now won eight in a row, which is tied for the eight longest win streak in franchise history. Phoenix has dropped two of its past three games after having won 15 straight.
· The Suns fall to 1-2 in games decided by three or fewer points this season after going 0-7 in 2005-06.
· Tonight marked just the fifth time this season that Phoenix failed to score 100 points. Ironically, it is the Suns first loss when failing to reach the century mark this season. Dallas has not allowed 100+ points in any of the past seven games, which is a season-high.
· Jason Terry scored 14 of his game-high 35 points in the third quarter. Terry’s only other 30+ game this season also came against the Suns on 11/9 (30 points even). Terry hit five 3-pointers tonight after not having any in the Mavericks last game. Dallas improves to 7-0 this season when Terry has 4+ 3FGM after going 12-0 in 2005-06.
· Dirk Nowitzki scored 10 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter, marking the eighth time this season he has scored 10+ points in the fourth. Nowitzki accomplished that feat an amazing 22 times last season.
· Dallas won despite being outshot 51.4% to 41.2%. The Mavericks improve to 4-1 when their opponent shoots 50.0% or better from the floor after going just 4-8 last season. Dallas is now 6-6 when shooting below 44.0% this season and 5-7 when having a lower FG% than its opponent.
· Josh Howard had 16 points and a season-high tying 12 rebounds tonight for his third double-double of the season. Dallas is 2-1 when he records a double-double this season after going 12-0 in 2005-06.
· The Mavericks had 23 FTM while the Suns had just 21 FTA. Dallas improves to 7-2 when having as many or more FTM as its opponent has FTA after going 25-4 in 2005-06.
· Phoenix committed a Maverick opponent season-high 22 turnovers tonight. It is the first time Dallas has forced 20+ turnovers this season (5-0 mark in 2005-06).
· The Mavericks improve to 13-1 this season when having two or more players score 20+ points.
· Dallas shot 42.1% from 3-point range tonight. The Mavericks improve to 12-1 when shooting 40.0% from 3-point range this season.
· The Mavericks are now 21-1 when leading after three quarters of play this season.