Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Mavs notes after beating the Suns Dec. 28

· With the win tonight, Dallas goes up 2-0 in the season series over Phoenix after dropping the final two regular season matchups in 2005-06.

· The Mavericks have now won eight in a row, which is tied for the eight longest win streak in franchise history. Phoenix has dropped two of its past three games after having won 15 straight.

· The Suns fall to 1-2 in games decided by three or fewer points this season after going 0-7 in 2005-06.

· Tonight marked just the fifth time this season that Phoenix failed to score 100 points. Ironically, it is the Suns first loss when failing to reach the century mark this season. Dallas has not allowed 100+ points in any of the past seven games, which is a season-high.

· Jason Terry scored 14 of his game-high 35 points in the third quarter. Terry’s only other 30+ game this season also came against the Suns on 11/9 (30 points even). Terry hit five 3-pointers tonight after not having any in the Mavericks last game. Dallas improves to 7-0 this season when Terry has 4+ 3FGM after going 12-0 in 2005-06.

· Dirk Nowitzki scored 10 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter, marking the eighth time this season he has scored 10+ points in the fourth. Nowitzki accomplished that feat an amazing 22 times last season.

· Dallas won despite being outshot 51.4% to 41.2%. The Mavericks improve to 4-1 when their opponent shoots 50.0% or better from the floor after going just 4-8 last season. Dallas is now 6-6 when shooting below 44.0% this season and 5-7 when having a lower FG% than its opponent.

· Josh Howard had 16 points and a season-high tying 12 rebounds tonight for his third double-double of the season. Dallas is 2-1 when he records a double-double this season after going 12-0 in 2005-06.

· The Mavericks had 23 FTM while the Suns had just 21 FTA. Dallas improves to 7-2 when having as many or more FTM as its opponent has FTA after going 25-4 in 2005-06.

· Phoenix committed a Maverick opponent season-high 22 turnovers tonight. It is the first time Dallas has forced 20+ turnovers this season (5-0 mark in 2005-06).

· The Mavericks improve to 13-1 this season when having two or more players score 20+ points.

· Dallas shot 42.1% from 3-point range tonight. The Mavericks improve to 12-1 when shooting 40.0% from 3-point range this season.

· The Mavericks are now 21-1 when leading after three quarters of play this season.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Pretty impressive stats............

13-1 when having two or more players score in double figures.

21-1 when leading after 3 quarters. Can't ask for more than that. Mavs know how to protect leads. There has to be something to that coaching thing down there I guess
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

The thing that impressed me the most last night was the defense when they were down by 9 in the 4th quarter. That never would've happened in years past.

Also it surprises me to see the Suns so bad in close games with a pg like Nash.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
The thing that impressed me the most last night was the defense when they were down by 9 in the 4th quarter. That never would've happened in years past.

Also it surprises me to see the Suns so bad in close games with a pg like Nash.

All i can really say is you better hope you win the conference this year because if not the suns will have home court advantage. and no mavs fan can deny that if that game had been in phx, phx would have won. So all im saying is whoever gets homecourt will win that series! good luck!
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

^^^Home court has essentially been meaningless in the Suns/Mavericks series, both in regular season and playoffs. Both teams have won their fair share of games in the other team's arena.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I'll also deny that if the game was in Phx the Suns would've won. The Mavs won in Phx already this year. And before you say the Suns weren't playing good, neither were the Mavs. They were 0-4.

They've shown over the last couple of years, regular season and playoffs, that either can win on the other's court. That's what good teams do.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Maybe it was just me but Nash looked really fatigued mid way through the fourth. I know when Phx made their run towards the end of the third, he wasn't on the floor, and that gave me cause to worry. But in the fourth he looked real sluggish. Noticed that in another game this year also.

He's defied age remarkably, but unless I'm mistaken I think it's catching up to him. He just appeared a step slower. Not taking anything away from Harris, but he blew by him without Nash even looking to step with him. Just an observation.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: