Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bengals 6-2! WHO DEY!

Heading into this season, everyone predicted doom/gloom (myself included in that). New QB, new WR, new offensive coordinator, and the loss of a ton of veterans from last year. I was glad the team moved on from the Palmer/Ocho era, but I thought it would take a few years to rebuild, and combining that with the lockout, I was concerned about the lack of offseason time to develop cohesion.

Don't look now, but this is a dangerous young team, with a high talent ceiling. The schedule is about to get brutal, but even if this team falls off a bit, they have already exceeded expectations for the year.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Bengals 6-2! WHO DEY!

They are currently the top seed in the AFC as they hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore based on best win percentage in common games.

I hope they keep it up, but they have had a friendly schedule to start the season. The next month will really test them, and I hope they come out on top.

Good luck mlh! I'm pullin for your boys
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A wise man once said,

Go Bengals
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eh5c8fE_kI

StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

How about we post the combined record of the teams they beat.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bengals need an explosive RB.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
As a Bucs fan, this reminds me of 2010 cuz people were saying how Tampa played a friendly schedule. Those same people don't realize Tampa would be first in the division this season, but we were ravaged by injuries. The Bengals don't have any of the injuries that Tampa does. Come on, we've been without so many key players its not even funny

Good luck mlh! I'm pullin for your boys

FYP
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
FYP

Yeah. And what was the point of that?

I said before the season started that Tampa Bay would be 8-8 or 9-7, so IDK where people get it that I was saying they'd win the Super Bowl or even make the playoffs. Good try, though.

Now back to the Bengals....
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
How about we post the combined record of the teams they beat.

It doesn't matter. There is no BCS, nor are there "style points" for winning a certain way. They are 6-2 with a rookie QB, a rookie WR, and a brand new offensive coordinator, all thrown together into a culture of losing, and tons of uncertainly after losing a bevy of veteran players this offseason.

It's football. It's "any given Sunday." Yeah, they beat some crap teams along the way, but Jacksonville, who they beat, handled a very good Baltimore team. Also, the team they beat last week, Seattle, beat the Giants.

Furthermore, week 1 of the season, when they played Cleveland, EVERYONE was saying that the "new and improved" Browns would win. Also, they beat a good Bills team along the way as well.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You don't think Benson could get the job done?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Begals deserve every bit of being 6-2, and it has nothing to do with the teams they've beaten. They've beaten the teams in front of them, in a very tough division nonetheless. Andy Dalton has placed like a veteran, enough couldn't be said about the job he's doing. If it was for Cam setting the league on fire he would definitely be the front runner for offensive ROY.

Also AJ Green is already one of the best WRs in the NFL. He is kind of like a combination of AJ and Calvin, it's amazing how polished his route running is as a rookie. He makes tough catches over the middle, he has excellent body control, has amazing hands (that's what she said), and really seems to have little to no ego. He is the new breed of receiver ala AJ, Calvin, Julio, guys that do it all, with zero attitidude.

Their defense has been very stout. They surprisingly don't beat themselves or make bad plays. Outisde of Leon Hall they don't really have an all pro caliber player which makes it even more impressive.

Obviously this isn't a fluke either, they are only 3 point dogs to Pittsburgh (coming off a loss) next week.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
You don't think Benson could get the job done?
Definitely not, he is slow and plodding. If you "ranked" all of the starting RBs in the league (I think any/all rankings are not just subjective but retarded in nature), he'd definitely be at the bottom of the list. He's solid in that he doesn't fumble the ball and he usually picks up 2 to 3 yards but he's not a game changer or a "factor back"...Bernard Scott is a much more explosive option. I fully expect the Bengals to invest one of their many draft picks in a decent RB which would take that offense to the next level IMO.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

The combination of him, and Bernard Scott, will be adequate enough for the rest of this year, I think, especially as they enter into the AFC North portion of the schedule in cold weather situations. Benson had some time off, with the bye and one game suspension, so he should be relatively fresh going forward. He was solid Sunday, with 79 yards on 20 carries. Scott is a bit of a change of pace back.

Most definitely, they need an upgrade after this season, as Benson has his personal baggage, plus he's approaching 30 years old.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Well 'DEY' are most certainly suddenly miles ahead of us. Hope you guys can at least take the Rats' or Steelers' spot this season.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

i think the only thing they really have going for them is their defense. against the top teams or when it matters i don't think they're a real contender at all, more pretender for now, and i don't see it lasting much longer before their record gets worse.

then again i keep waiting for SF to lose and they still haven't....

and while SF's D can maybe hang and keep them in it vs the top teams which is doubtful but possible, i can't see the Bengals anywhere close.

PS i HATE Benson, and Cinci's complacency with him...i swear he sux.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: