Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Multiple system owners....

How do you determine what system you'll get a game for? 360, ps3, pc?

I own a 360 and a ps3.

If I'm gonna do multiplayer 2K12, BF3, Dark Souls then I get it for the 360. I have more online friends on Live. At most I can only install 2 games to my sorry a$$ 20GB hard drive.

If I'm playing mainly for the campaign experience Batman, Rage, Crysis then I go with the ps3 version. The upside is that I have more space....80GB.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Multiple system owners....

I'm the exact same way. Still have the 20GB harddrive, so I get games like Rage for my PS3. Everyone I know online is on Live, so games like COD and BF3 I bought for 360.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a PC and a PS3. Most games I will go with the PC version unless it's obvious that the control scheme is better suited for a console/controller.

I played Dead Space on the PC with keyboard/mouse and it just didn't feel right. A game like Arkham Asylum, I decided to go with the PS3 version.

Among my favourite games are RPGs though and I will always choose the PC versions for those. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I couldn't even imagine playing them on my PS3. Same goes for Skyrim.

First-person shooters are an odd one though. The PC version is always superior in terms of technical aspects as well as being able to handle more players. But more people I know play them on consoles so I've been getting the COD games on PS3. But when the new Counterstrike game comes out, I think I might be making my way back to the PC for that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Meh. I own PC, 360, and ps3. I never use my 360, and I like my PC for singleplayer games and my Ps3 for multiplayer. Thats just generalizing things though.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Funny how spot on this is.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

COD or any online - XBOX
Offline games - PS3
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PC used to be my platform of choice until none of the good games would play on my PC without massive upgrades. In any case, I only get for my 360 what I must (Splinter Cell, Mass Effect) I get everything else for the PS3 simply due to the free online gaming option. Everyone I know owns a PS3 or both anyway, so it works out.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PS3- Multiplayer sports and shooters

Wii- Fun games when b*tches come over
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #9
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

any multiplayer game usually xbox 360

havent touched my ps3 in a while lol

but online ill definitely go with xbox 360, and as for PC's go, I hate upgrading parts every 3 or 4 yrs, done with pc gaming until I decide to upgrade and play an FPS again (last FPS i played was cod4 on PC)

all other cod's on xbox
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

PS3 - COD, Resistance, GTA

PC - Everything else ranging from RTS to MMO to RPG and FPS
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
PS3- Multiplayer sports and shooters

Wii- Fun games when b*tches come over
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Do not get Dark Souls for the 360. It is a PS3 game because Demon's Souls was exclusively PS3. Thousands play it for PS3 whereas hundreds play it for 360 (the multiplayer is a ghost town I've heard).
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

If the game is multiplatform, i always go xbox. but sometimes there are exceptions like exclusive content, not dealing with multiple discs and a bigger community like velocirapt mentioned about dark souls.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: