Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation
Default Gears of War

Picked this game up since I just switched to XBOX and It reminded me why I like video games.

I got CoD and BF3 and I dont like them. Terrible games in my opinion. I have for awhile been wondering why I cant seem to like any game I play.

I have come to realize I dont like multiplayer.

Then I got Gears and had a blast like the old days, where me and a friend would stay up all night trying to beat a game. The co-op play is just so much fun.

Dont like the multiplayer....

But horde mode? Amazing! Fighting off waves of monsters and building up fortifications... And just playing Co-op campaign is a riot. Watching your friend get picked up by a creature and torn in half. Or today when I shot off a tentacle on a creature and the rogue tentacle chased down my partner.

Oh man this is what games are about. Wish games would invest more time into campaign/co-op/team work vs CP modes other then the standard boring team death match crap.

Good game. If you have an xbox and dont have this game you should pick it up. Ive said "im a multiplayer guy" But i havent always been... The games I started on were single player campaign and co-op. And when I think about it...The most fun I ever have had playing video games is single player and co-op. I have finally realized that No I am not a multiplayer dude. In fact I heavily dislike "versus" multiplayer.

Took a good game to snap me out of it!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: Gears of War

Even though i hated the campaign of gears 3 (the story that is). Horde 2.0 made the purchase well worth it.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Gears of War is the best gaming franchise of this gen, and one of the best gaming franchises of all time.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Gears of War is the best gaming franchise of this gen, and one of the best gaming franchises of all time.

And boy don't you let us know it.

We have a pretty large GoW thread somewhere, it'll only be a few pages back, so if you want to carry on discussing the game use the main thread. I haven't played it in a while, maybe when the MW3 gloss eventually wears off for me I'll start playing it again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread