Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Tested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMEvnz4Oo8

see what happens when you put him on a team that gets thrown at?

he is a great CB yes, just got overhyped...who told ya so?...I told ya so...yes I did, just give me credit for once, you are allowed to do that...

anyway I have Flowers > Nnamdi...and Flowers is playing tonight, I urge you all to pay attention to the guy tonight because IMO he is elite...only watched a few KC games this year but in those games he was Revis-like.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
DaPerceive
Banned

Default Re: Tested

The only thing I see is a team that is dumb enough to use him for zone coverages instead of man.

Cruz wasn't even Aso's original assignment, it was Nicks, he just switched on over to Cruz for whatever reason, zone, idiotic pass coverage scheme, etc.
DaPerceive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

and before someone jumps in with the "oh but the Eagles are dumb and used him in zone there" crap...

1. that is a huge knock on Nnamdi, that he can't play zone...or is bad at zone...sometimes zone is needed, Raiders and the only team that is 100% man

2. he was pretty much man there anyway after the WRs crossed at the line...Eli made a pointing movement and it caused Nnamdi to pause...Eli juked him, then burned him...salsa time
Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerceive
The only thing I see is a team that is dumb enough to use him for zone coverages instead of man.

Cruz wasn't even Aso's original assignment, it was Nicks, he just switched on over to Cruz for whatever reason, zone, idiotic pass coverage scheme, etc.
oh so it's the Eagle's fault that they aren't supposed to play zone now that they have Nnamdi?

If that is the case I would say Nnamdi holds teams down...limits what a defense can do
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerceive

That's his job to switch though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

He's allowing 30 yards a game including penalty yardage...big deal. That's perfectly fine for an elite corner in this day and age of pass happy teams who throw it all around the lot.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

I actually agree with prime on this (I think I just puked a little). Dude is very good, but clearly showed that he is not Revis yesterday. Between the holding call (would have been a big play without the "smart" penalty) and the TD, he did not look like a shutdown corner to me.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He's allowing 30 yards a game including penalty yardage...big deal. That's perfectly fine for an elite corner in this day and age of pass happy teams who throw it all around the lot.
yeah, no doubt he is awesome. But I just dont see him being as good as revis, regardless of the stats.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Stupid topic. Someone tell me Aso stats in man coverage? Oh, how convienent you show him in zone where we said from Week 1 he would struggle in it. You didnt tell anyone jack sh!t. You didnt say "Watch Nnamdi get tested because he'll play zone and he hasnt played it in his career. And he'll get owned and tested.".

In man coverage he not only locks it down, QBs dont even look his direction most of the time. Nnamdi vs Larry Fitzgerald? Handcuffs. Why didnt you post clips from that game? Oh because Larry Fitzgerald went to the OPPOSITE SIDE and went H.A.M. Skelton even threw to Larry with Aso on him. End result? Incompletion.

What a fail of a thread especially when Carbine had a thread TRACKING Aso.

Aso sucks in zone coverage. You get no credit for this because you didnt know how good of a zone cover corner he was. Thats an utter fact. So shut up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stupid topic. Someone tell me Aso stats in man coverage? Oh, how convienent you show him in zone where we said from Week 1 he would struggle in it. You didnt tell anyone jack sh!t. You didnt say "Watch Nnamdi get tested because he'll play zone and he hasnt played it in his career. And he'll get owned and tested.".

In man coverage he not only locks it down, QBs dont even look his direction most of the time. Nnamdi vs Larry Fitzgerald? Handcuffs. Why didnt you post clips from that game? Oh because Larry Fitzgerald went to the OPPOSITE SIDE and went H.A.M. Skelton even threw to Larry with Aso on him. End result? Incompletion.

Aso sucks in zone coverage. You get no credit for this because you didnt know how good of a zone cover corner he was. Thats an utter fact. So shut up.

Pretty much.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

yeah I still think he is top-5...to be clear

can't have a top-5 list without him

but it used to be like there was Revis and Nnamdi was head and shoulders above the rest...

NOPE...REVIS IS head and shoulders above the rest...not Nnamdi...I think there are a couple CBs that are arguablly better than Nnamdi...Flowers for one, and from what I hear Joseph has been amazing, but I haven't seen any Texans games thes year...
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, no doubt he is awesome. But I just dont see him being as good as revis, regardless of the stats.

The stats favor Revis, so they're actually backing your point - with which I agree with.....Revis is a slightly or moderately better corner depending on how much you value ball skills.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
jazz873
National High School Star

Do people forget that this is Aso's first season under this defense?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

yeah GOBB that is BAD

how is it that he can be considered elite but be a retard in zone???...tell me that one???
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

guess who else uses zone coverage?

EVERY DEFENSE IN THE NFL NOT NAMED THE RAIDERS!!!

it SHOULD be that Nnamdi has to adjust to the team's defense...not the team;s defense having to adjust to Nnamdi
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: