Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Tested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMEvnz4Oo8

see what happens when you put him on a team that gets thrown at?




he is a great CB yes, just got overhyped...who told ya so?...I told ya so...yes I did, just give me credit for once, you are allowed to do that...

anyway I have Flowers > Nnamdi...and Flowers is playing tonight, I urge you all to pay attention to the guy tonight because IMO he is elite...only watched a few KC games this year but in those games he was Revis-like.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
DaPerceive
Banned
 
DaPerceive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazzers University
Posts: 756
Default Re: Tested

The only thing I see is a team that is dumb enough to use him for zone coverages instead of man.

Cruz wasn't even Aso's original assignment, it was Nicks, he just switched on over to Cruz for whatever reason, zone, idiotic pass coverage scheme, etc.
DaPerceive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Tested

and before someone jumps in with the "oh but the Eagles are dumb and used him in zone there" crap...

1. that is a huge knock on Nnamdi, that he can't play zone...or is bad at zone...sometimes zone is needed, Raiders and the only team that is 100% man

2. he was pretty much man there anyway after the WRs crossed at the line...Eli made a pointing movement and it caused Nnamdi to pause...Eli juked him, then burned him...salsa time
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerceive
The only thing I see is a team that is dumb enough to use him for zone coverages instead of man.

Cruz wasn't even Aso's original assignment, it was Nicks, he just switched on over to Cruz for whatever reason, zone, idiotic pass coverage scheme, etc.
oh so it's the Eagle's fault that they aren't supposed to play zone now that they have Nnamdi?

If that is the case I would say Nnamdi holds teams down...limits what a defense can do
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,417
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerceive
The only thing I see is a team that is dumb enough to use him for zone coverages instead of man.

Cruz wasn't even Aso's original assignment, it was Nicks, he just switched on over to Cruz for whatever reason, zone, idiotic pass coverage scheme, etc.

That's his job to switch though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Tested

He's allowing 30 yards a game including penalty yardage...big deal. That's perfectly fine for an elite corner in this day and age of pass happy teams who throw it all around the lot.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Tested

I actually agree with prime on this (I think I just puked a little). Dude is very good, but clearly showed that he is not Revis yesterday. Between the holding call (would have been a big play without the "smart" penalty) and the TD, he did not look like a shutdown corner to me.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He's allowing 30 yards a game including penalty yardage...big deal. That's perfectly fine for an elite corner in this day and age of pass happy teams who throw it all around the lot.
yeah, no doubt he is awesome. But I just dont see him being as good as revis, regardless of the stats.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 47,071
Default Re: Tested

Stupid topic. Someone tell me Aso stats in man coverage? Oh, how convienent you show him in zone where we said from Week 1 he would struggle in it. You didnt tell anyone jack sh!t. You didnt say "Watch Nnamdi get tested because he'll play zone and he hasnt played it in his career. And he'll get owned and tested.".

In man coverage he not only locks it down, QBs dont even look his direction most of the time. Nnamdi vs Larry Fitzgerald? Handcuffs. Why didnt you post clips from that game? Oh because Larry Fitzgerald went to the OPPOSITE SIDE and went H.A.M. Skelton even threw to Larry with Aso on him. End result? Incompletion.

What a fail of a thread especially when Carbine had a thread TRACKING Aso.

Aso sucks in zone coverage. You get no credit for this because you didnt know how good of a zone cover corner he was. Thats an utter fact. So shut up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stupid topic. Someone tell me Aso stats in man coverage? Oh, how convienent you show him in zone where we said from Week 1 he would struggle in it. You didnt tell anyone jack sh!t. You didnt say "Watch Nnamdi get tested because he'll play zone and he hasnt played it in his career. And he'll get owned and tested.".

In man coverage he not only locks it down, QBs dont even look his direction most of the time. Nnamdi vs Larry Fitzgerald? Handcuffs. Why didnt you post clips from that game? Oh because Larry Fitzgerald went to the OPPOSITE SIDE and went H.A.M. Skelton even threw to Larry with Aso on him. End result? Incompletion.

What a fail of a thread especially when Carbine had a thread TRACKING Aso.

Aso sucks in zone coverage. You get no credit for this because you didnt know how good of a zone cover corner he was. Thats an utter fact. So shut up.

Pretty much.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Tested

yeah I still think he is top-5...to be clear

can't have a top-5 list without him


but it used to be like there was Revis and Nnamdi was head and shoulders above the rest...

NOPE...REVIS IS head and shoulders above the rest...not Nnamdi...I think there are a couple CBs that are arguablly better than Nnamdi...Flowers for one, and from what I hear Joseph has been amazing, but I haven't seen any Texans games thes year...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, no doubt he is awesome. But I just dont see him being as good as revis, regardless of the stats.

The stats favor Revis, so they're actually backing your point - with which I agree with.....Revis is a slightly or moderately better corner depending on how much you value ball skills.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
jazz873
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default Re: Tested

Do people forget that this is Aso's first season under this defense?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stupid topic. Someone tell me Aso stats in man coverage? Oh, how convienent you show him in zone where we said from Week 1 he would struggle in it. You didnt tell anyone jack sh!t. You didnt say "Watch Nnamdi get tested because he'll play zone and he hasnt played it in his career. And he'll get owned and tested.".

In man coverage he not only locks it down, QBs dont even look his direction most of the time. Nnamdi vs Larry Fitzgerald? Handcuffs. Why didnt you post clips from that game? Oh because Larry Fitzgerald went to the OPPOSITE SIDE and went H.A.M. Skelton even threw to Larry with Aso on him. End result? Incompletion.

What a fail of a thread especially when Carbine had a thread TRACKING Aso.

Aso sucks in zone coverage. You get no credit for this because you didnt know how good of a zone cover corner he was. Thats an utter fact. So shut up.
yeah GOBB that is BAD





how is it that he can be considered elite but be a retard in zone???...tell me that one???
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Tested

guess who else uses zone coverage?

EVERY DEFENSE IN THE NFL NOT NAMED THE RAIDERS!!!



it SHOULD be that Nnamdi has to adjust to the team's defense...not the team;s defense having to adjust to Nnamdi
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy