Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Update on Kwame and Diop

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ith-kwame.html

Quote:
Bobcats' first meeting with Kwame Brown is 'great'

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, Dec. 07, 2011

Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas says Tuesday’s meeting with free-agent center Kwame Brown went “great,’’ as the Bobcats work to re-sign him.

“He was adamant about trying to come here, that he really liked what we did for him last year,’’ Silas described. “How positive we were with him, how we worked with him. He said nobody ever really worked with him as much as we did.’’

Brown, an unrestricted free agent, ended last season as the Bobcats’ starting center. He has drawn interest from other teams, notably the Miami Heat. By returning to Charlotte, he’d likely remain a starter, playing for a coaching staff that values him.

“He wants to work this thing out (to return here) and I hope he does because he’s in terrific shape,’’ Silas said. “You can just tell by his face, and all slim and trim in his whole body. He really wants to be here, and he knows he can be.’’

Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Tuesday Brown does value his experience in Charlotte. But Bartelstein also cautioned there’s a business aspect, as in looking for the most compensation as an unrestricted free agent.

Bartelstein indicated Tuesday that Brown’s decision should come in the next few days. The earliest free agents can sign with teams is Friday, the first day of training camp.

Center Diop works out at practice facility

Gana Diop, the only center currently under contract to the Bobcats, was at the practice facility Wednesday for a two-hour workout. Diop had season-ending surgery Jan. 4 to repair a ruptured right Achilles tendon.

Diop was fully cleared for activity about six weeks ago. He said he feels fine for the start of camp, although he acknowledged needing to lose a little weight after all the inactivity.

Diop said when he was first cleared to run and jump, he developed some soreness in his left knee because he was favoring his right leg. That has since cleared up, and Diop is looking to get back to steady minutes. He had some success playing for Silas early in his career in Cleveland.

“I felt like last year I was going to get that opportunity until I got hurt. I can’t just come in (thinking), ‘I’m the only center, so I’m going to be playing.’ I’ve got to work hard to deserve this,’’ Diop said.

“But I really feel, if I get the opportunity, I can play in this league. No doubt about that.’’
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Update on Kwame and Diop

Well that worked out well.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

When the FO has to "work on" re-signing a player, that's crazy. Either Kwame wants to be with the Cats or he doesn't. It's that simple.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
When the FO has to "work on" re-signing a player, that's crazy. Either Kwame wants to be with the Cats or he doesn't. It's that simple.

I really think that he did, but we weren't offering near 7 per for his services. In our situation I think it's best we go another route...maybe find a Jake Voskul type.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I really think that he did, but we weren't offering near 7 per for his services. In our situation I think it's best we go another route...maybe find a Jake Voskul type.

Yep. Like Melvin Ely! He and Jake could pass for twins. :
Old 12-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Yep. Like Melvin Ely! He and Jake could pass for twins. :

Heh...except there's no way Jake can touch Ely in the hair department!

In all seriousness, maybe Ely can teach Smack a post move or two. I seem to remember he had a little skill in that area.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Heh...except there's no way Jake can touch Ely in the hair department!

In all seriousness, maybe Ely can teach Smack a post move or two. I seem to remember he had a little skill in that area.

Great pic!!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Bobcats acquire B.J. Mullens
Quote:
The Charlotte Bobcats are acquiring 7-footer B.J. Mullens from the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Bobcats are giving up a second-round pick in 2013 and are receiving cash considerations.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

Another solid move. At worst he's another 6 fouls to throw at Dwight Howard. Center by committee: Boris, Biyombo, Mullens, Diop

I suddenly feel a lot better about this season.

edit: throw Ely into that mix.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 12-19-2011 at 02:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: