Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Killzone 3, PS3 Bundle.

I was looking into this. I really like the YouTube videos, I've looked into this game about 7-9 months ago but wasn't to serious about it. I'm an XBOX guy. I want to really get a PS3 just for this game! Anyone can review this game for me? I have a few questions. If your an XBOX player, does the PS3 controller effect you? I notice it effects me a lot.. I can't just configure my fingers to play on the PS3 controller much. Is this normal? Will I get used to it? I even looked into buying an XBOX360 controller converter for the PS3..

I may purchase this bundle sooner or later. Please do let me know your opinions, whether the game is bad, whether it's to late and systems will come out in about a year or two, etc. Also, to add on I have Turtle Beach X11's for XBOX. I heard somewhere there's a converter to play this on the PS3, but regardless I should get sound and not voice capability. What should I do.

Games I'm interested in: FPS, COD.

I'm more of an FPS guy. However, I don't mind trying new things. I think I would like to switch my gamestyle this year, which is why I think a PS3 is great for that.

Last edited by Draz : 12-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Killzone 3, PS3 Bundle.

I have played a little bit of it and it should be noted that Killzone 3 feels noticeably different to something like COD. The movement is less fluid and IIRC it takes more bullets to kill somebody. I thought it was a pretty cool game though..just a bit of an adjustment from BF3 and MW3..

As for adjusting to the ps3 controller, it may very well be hard for you because I played on a 360 controller today and struggled BIG TIME (I'm a ps3 gamer btw).

The PS3 is fairly cheap in North America right now, correct? Even if Microsoft has plans to release their next gen console in the next 1-2 years, Sony would probably take at least another year on top of that most likely because the PS3 was a later release than the 360.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thank you. hows the graphics on it? both the ps3 and xbox compared and kz?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

The graphics on both systems are virtually identical. Some games just seem to perform better on one system over the other.

I have both systems and have played both Killzones.

If you're gonna get Killzone 3 then you should also get Killzone 2. They're both amazing and I probably enjoyed KZ2 a little more. I think you would understand the story more too cause KZ3 picks up exactly right where KZ2 ends. I would say the graphics are probably the same on both games. There was not a mega change going from 2 to 3.

To me these games feel different from your CODs and BFs cause the campaign seems to matter. The campaign feels like you're actually participating in a battle that makes a difference. The campaigns in COD and BF seem to be more like training ground for the multiplayer. They're nice but they won't "wow" you like the KZ campaigns. The KZ multiplayer is nice, but doesn't measure up to the war games' multiplayer. The campaigns last around 9-11 hours. Check out gameplay videos of KZ2 and you'll see how good it is.

In comparing KZ to Gears of War, I'd have to say that I enjoyed KZs more. I really like Gears but KZ just had something more.

I have no problem going from 360 to ps3 controller. Maybe cause the Sony controller design hasn't changed much in about 15 years and I had the ps1 and 2. You'll get used to switching back and forth. You won't even notice it.

Another thing on the systems....I find myself playing multiplayer more on the 360 cause I have more Live friends. I tend to play campaign only games on the ps3....like Batman and Rage.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 12-08-2011 at 11:23 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I see. I like the fact that it may be different from COD. I'm starting to dislike COD a shitload and I'm 5th prestige no bias opinion. KZ looks really good, I played GOW3 and GOW series in general it was ok. I like the campaign, the Multiplayer is something I didn't find interesting. The graphics were fairly amazing, around an 8/10 or so. I'm starting to take a look into 3rd person shooters. I was a huge Socom FTB 1 & 2 player for PSP, so I hope maybe Socom can also be there. I'm definitely going to get a PS3. I just want to see some reviews and justify my decession before doing so.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I'm starting to take a look into 3rd person shooters.

Check out Deus Ex Human Revolution. It combines 3rd person and 1st person shooting and you can play it either stealth or action. Same goes for Splinter Cell Conviction.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you want to play a shooter and you dont like COD, I suggest trying out battlefield 3. After you take the time to learn how to drive tanks and choppers and all the other shit the game has to offer, it is an amazing fps experience. You can pick it up on either console.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

rfoster24 has not been impressing people

I personally suck at shooters on xbox 360 and i'm awesome at COD on ps3. Killzone 2 had a lot different controls than Cod. In fact, clicking in the right analog was zooming in, just like Halo. Some people complained about this, I personally just took it as a different kind of shooter and I liked it a lot. However, I do believe that Killzone 3 gives the option of COD-like controls. I also really want to try this game out, sounds and looks sweet.
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: