Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation
Default Pistons to resign Prince and Jerebko

ESPN Article

Prince: $27M / 4 years
Jerebko: $16M / 4 years

If Jonas is getting $4 a year, I'm scared of what Stuckey could demand. I like Stuckey, and think he's borderline 6th man of the year material if he was able to play as a combo off the bench. But if he's going to get 8M+/year I would rather see him go and see what Knight can become.

Edit: I think this also shows little faith in Austin Daye.

Last edited by Kombo : 12-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pistons to resign Prince and Jerebko

I just read this one too:

Quote:
Tayshaun Prince will be returning to the Detroit Pistons after reaching agreement on a $27 million, four-year contract, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Prince, an unrestricted free agent, has spent his entire career with the Pistons since coming into the league in 2002. The veteran swingman averaged 14.1 points in 78 games last season. ESPN.com

That's a good deal on Prince. I thought he would get more around 8 million per season from someone. As long as Jerekbo continues to grow he's worth that contract. He's a potential starter and 4 million isn't bad for a starter in the league. I'm not sure if it shows little faith in Daye or not, but there's still not going to be much playing time for him. Maybe the Pistons are working on a trade...... Rip would have to be packaged with some kind of young talent.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

I ove Prince and all, but would of really liked to see Daye given that starting SF spot next season. I think he has incredible potential at 6"11 and shooting guard type skills. Do you think Prince would ever take a 6th man type roll? Jerebko is more of a PF I beleive and would be a great energy guy off the bench...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Prince is definitely the starter. I think Daye will get some minutes behind him this year though. McGrady will head elsewhere and that will free up some PT. I don't feel like Daye has a higher ceiling than what Prince gives us.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

I like the moves. JJ is an easy one of course. Prince isn't a great player or anything, but he's teh best SF we had a chance at and he got below market value. Caron Butler got 8 and Prince is better and healthier IMO. Guys like Battier,Ariza,Mike Miller etc. get the MLE in this league, about 6 per. Prince is easily better than those guys. He got role player money and now he'll retire a Piston probably. I like it.

I hold out hope that we can trade Ben or Charlie and at least revamp the team a litlte, but if not, I'm willing to see how we look with Knight, 2nd year Monroe, healthy JJ and a new coach.

I'd like Stuckey back, but hopefully on a QO. I'm also leery of what we could end up paying him. I don't want to lose him for nothing, but I don't want to overpay long term either. I like the idea of him as our 6th man, but not over 6-7 mil.
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Good point about what Butler got paid. I was actually a bit suprised since the Clippers were negotiating with Prince. You would think they would have offered him more than a 1 year deal........ it would make sense since he's better than Butler. The Clips have a better team and he is from the LA area too so you would think they could have made a better pitch to him. Of course it is the Clippers, lol.

I'd rather hold onto Rip & Gordon until a real deal comes along. Otherwise I would say let's just develop what we have. The only way we're going to get better at this point is through the draft. Rather than be a .500 team this year I'd rather be horrible and end up with a high draft pick. The way I figure it, that's better than what a trade would do for us. This years draft is going to be amazing. Monroe is going to be a stud. We need to see what we have with Knight, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a good PG. If we can get one more young guy with a ton of potential we'll be kind of like Portland or OKC was a few years ago. If we trade for a decent player, we just end up as a decent team and won't be able to contend against the teams like Chicago, NY, Miami, and Boston. We need to roll the dice with the draft.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Good point about what Butler got paid. I was actually a bit suprised since the Clippers were negotiating with Prince. You would think they would have offered him more than a 1 year deal........ it would make sense since he's better than Butler. The Clips have a better team and he is from the LA area too so you would think they could have made a better pitch to him. Of course it is the Clippers, lol.

I'd rather hold onto Rip & Gordon until a real deal comes along. Otherwise I would say let's just develop what we have. The only way we're going to get better at this point is through the draft. Rather than be a .500 team this year I'd rather be horrible and end up with a high draft pick. The way I figure it, that's better than what a trade would do for us. This years draft is going to be amazing. Monroe is going to be a stud. We need to see what we have with Knight, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a good PG. If we can get one more young guy with a ton of potential we'll be kind of like Portland or OKC was a few years ago. If we trade for a decent player, we just end up as a decent team and won't be able to contend against the teams like Chicago, NY, Miami, and Boston. We need to roll the dice with the draft.
prince is not a better player than butler. smarter? sure, but definitely not better, even on the defensive side of the ball anymore.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
prince is not a better player than butler. smarter? sure, but definitely not better, even on the defensive side of the ball anymore.

I disagree with that. I think Prince has a better all around game. Butler might be able to score a little better, but I think the rest of Prince's game is greater.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

Strongly disagree, Prince is still one of the elite defensive SF's in the L...

Now that we have bought out Rip, I'd like to see a Knight/Stuckey backcourt, we have to atleast see if this can work because it would be incredible if it turned out...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Strongly disagree, Prince is still one of the elite defensive SF's in the L...

Now that we have bought out Rip, I'd like to see a Knight/Stuckey backcourt, we have to atleast see if this can work because it would be incredible if it turned out...

Yup, I think we have to give the young guys a chance. Let's let these guys develop. It's their turn now. We have Tay here for leadership. Let's see what our young guys can do. I think with one more really good draft pick we could be back on the verge of good things again.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker

Apparently, Rip is going to be a Bull now. We just helped them out quite a bit.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Jonas' upper body is massive compared to where it was:

http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo...5-standard.jpg
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
Jonas' upper body is massive compared to where it was:

http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo...5-standard.jpg

Good post... that's what I was hoping to see.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Detroit Pistons President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars announced today that the team has re-signed free agent forward Tayshaun Prince. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

“We are very pleased to have Tayshaun Prince returning to our organization,” said Dumars. “Tayshaun has proved himself as one of the most talented and consistent small forwards in the NBA. His knowledge of the game and defensive presence is an asset for our team.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?paged=5#ixzz1gVHSBOhV
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Detroit Pistons President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars announced today that the team has re-signed forward Jonas Jerebko. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“We are pleased to announce the re-signing of Jonas Jerebko,” said Dumars. “Jonas has worked extremely hard over the last two years and has shown his commitment to this organization. He is an important part of our young core group of players and we’re excited to have him as part of our roster going forward.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?paged=5#ixzz1gVHld6dy
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: