Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Caron Butler Officially a Clipper

3 year deal valued at 24 million dollars.

Olshey making moves, wasn't the greatest fit but I expect Butler to make a huge impact here.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Caron Butler a Clipper!

solid, solid deal. especially if you take a second and look at who has been playing the 3 spot the past two years. rasual butler and gomes should never be starting on a team.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Spurs said to offer Butler four years at full MLE. Nets offered 4 years, and slightly more $ than Clips. Butler chose LA err... Blake

Ramona Shelburne

Guess there goes the "no one wants to play for the Clippers"
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
solid, solid deal. especially if you take a second and look at who has been playing the 3 spot the past two years. rasual butler and gomes should never be starting on a team.

I was a big Butler fan but I agree, he shouldn't be starting period.

I just hope this doesn't end the offseason for Olshey
Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
colorz
Old School.

colorz is considered somewhat coolcolorz is considered somewhat cool

Solid signing, would have preferred Prince but Butler should be just fine here in LA.
colorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Caron Butler Officially a Clipper

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed two-time NBA All-Star Caron Butler as a free agent. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.
“Caron completes what we believe to be a playoff caliber starting lineup,” stated Vice President of Basketball Operations Neil Olshey. “His professionalism, leadership abilities and basketball skills are an excellent addition to our existing roster composition and another step in building the culture necessary to create a model of sustainable success.”

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/car...ed-111209.html
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Will wear # 5

Old 12-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Welcome Video

Quote:
At the end of his first practice as a Clipper, Caron Butler stopped Blake Griffin mid-stride and grabbed at Griffin's calves.
"Give me those hops!" Butler yelled with a smile.

Butler is just 30, but he’s already playing the part of the old-timer. He signed with the Clippers on Friday, Dec. 9 and immediately became the Clippers’ oldest player. Butler will start at small forward, but a large part of his responsibilities are going to be leading the youthful team.

“It's important for me -- going through the trials and everything I've been through in my career -- to add my experience and help these guys out,” Butler said.

“I'm going to be vocal. It's not about scoring, it's going to be more about just your presence as a big brother to a lot of the guys out there. They're going to help me too, with the youth in this squad. They're going to encourage me and move me in practice, and keep me with a pep in my step.”

Butler certainly seemed happy to be back on the court Friday, the first day of training camp league-wide. Nearly a year ago, a gruesome patellar tendon injury cut his season short as a member of the Dallas Mavericks.

Though he felt ready to play at the tail end of the Mavs’ Finals run, he never again suited up for Dallas. Back in a blue No. 5 Clippers practice jersey, the 6-foot-7, 9th-year pro made sure to note that he isn’t “recovering” – he is fully “recovered.”
“He's just got to get in game shape,” Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro said. “As he practices, gets his feet under him, he will probably lose a few pounds and feel even more bouncy. No issues today. He said he feels great and is ready to go.”

http://www.nba.com/clippers/features...p-2011-12.html
Old 12-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love this move for the Clipps. You get a veteran player to add stability. Butler also brings everything thats missing at the sf position. I really hope that he gets back to form, he can really help push L.A. in the right direction.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed two-time NBA All-Star Caron Butler as a free agent. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

“Caron completes what we believe to be a playoff caliber starting lineup,” stated Vice President of Basketball Operations Neil Olshey. “His professionalism, leadership abilities and basketball skills are an excellent addition to our existing roster composition and another step in building the culture necessary to create a model of sustainable success.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?paged=5#ixzz1gVHYji2f
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: