Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 12-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Roy Retires

Sad day for Blazer fans. Our beloved Roy has retired after only 5 years in the league. So crazy that he plays only 5 years and makes 3 all-star teams, with many predicting he could surpass Drexler in many ways for the Blazers. It just unraveled so fast. To me, this is sadder than amnestying him. If we amnestied him and he signed elsewhere, it could have helped the team but we could have remained happy for Roy. Now, it is just a sad situation. I grew excited to see one more season of Roy, but at least he gave us one last memorable moment in versus Dallas. Some of my greatest Blazer memories have been due to Roy even though he was only here 5 years. I thank Brandon for all he did for the city of Portland and basketball fans everywhere. I hope that the team finds a position for him in the future.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
ksblazer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ksblazer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Roy Retires

I just heard this on sports radio and was going to report it, but you beat me to it Myth.

Being a life long UW and Trailblazer fan. I've been a long time fan of Brandon. Sad to see that his career ended this way. I felt if he could have a had a full and healthy career, he would have deffinatly made it into the Basketball Hall of fame.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endevours

Hopefully he will stay with basketball in some aspect

Last edited by ksblazer : 12-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
ksblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agreed those 5 years were amazing with all his clutch shots,comebacks,etc I'm going to miss roy and I'm thankful for all he has done for us.He made what Portland is today once again thank you Roy
It's a sad day to be a blazers fan I heard oden had a setback too and he might not play this season..
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
Agreed those 5 years were amazing with all his clutch shots,comebacks,etc I'm going to miss roy and I'm thankful for all he has done for us.He made what Portland is today once again thank you Roy
It's a sad day to be a blazers fan I heard oden had a setback too and he might not play this season..

And Aldridge's heart condition came back. He is expected to miss a week or two (which could include the start of the season). With Portland's luck, Aldridge will have a heart attack and die this season.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Mike Barrett
I airball my layups

Mike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation hereMike Barrett has an incredible reputation here

Very sad news, I couldn't leave bed for weeks after hearing this. It felt as if I lost a son of my own. Just so incredibly sad, a true hero, legend and mentor was lost. He was a great friend and player. Although it will be sad to not watch this man play the game he loves, I hope he still finds happiness. He is welcomed back to the commentating booth or anywhere else for that matter.

We love you Roy!
Mike Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a Blazer fan at all, but I just wanted to stop by and say it hurts to see Roy go out this way (IDC about the money, thats not what we are talking about right now, its BASKETBALL). Imagine yourself in his situation just for one second, one day you ARE the future of a franchise, your team is being talked about as a future championship winning team, and you are looked as one of, if not the best young player in the NBA. Boom you get a knee injury and never come back from it. Your last NBA moments you spent on the bench as a backup for Wes Mathews. Really made me sad, I hope he does well in life not only cause of this but because he really seemed like a humble and nice guy all around, hopefully he can one day make a comeback? But I doubt that...
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: