Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default American Football (National Two Hand Touch League) James Harrison

I am all for the helmet to helmet fines suspensions. But the game has changed so much it should consider becoming flag or two hand touch football.

As a defensive player you are not allowed to intimidate an opposing offensive player.

I remember football with close lines and defensive ends swim move was a club to the helmet. I remember when WR wouldnt cross the middle for fear of their life. Defensive players would take penalties for late hits just to scare the bajesus outta an offensive player. Now you cant. You cant hog tie a player from behind good lawd.

These are just small examples of how the game has changed.

Dont get me wrong but I am all for keeping players noodles in tack but there are so many elements of the game that is being taken away that makes the game what it is.

James Harrison hit was fine to me. McCoy was out of the pocket tucked the ball then went into pass mode as he was running.... Just imagine of McCoy had pumped faked?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: American Football (National Two Hand Touch League) James Harrison

I'm on his side most of the time, I feel like Goodell has a hard-on for him, but that hit was questionable. McCoy already released the ball before Harrison even began to lower his head.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

he went high, if he had lowered his head a little he probably gets away with it. Fine him, don't suspend him for a game

But the whole protecting the offensive player is bullshit. One defensive lineman gets tackled into Brady, and he gets flagged for it. Bullshit, wtf is he supposed to do? And when a player is running at full speed towards a defender, he is going to get low, you are taught to do that, so what is a defender to do? he aims low, but when the collision happens the offensive player is not where he was .2 seconds ago?

But if a QB is running with the ball, if he don't slide he should expect to get rocked by a LB running at full speed with the intention of rocking the shit out of him. Its football.

Its okay for a RB to lower his head an barrell into a defender's facemask, its okay for an offensive player to put his hand on the facemask of a defender and push him away, but the defender can't do it back?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

You see thats the point I am making. In the real NFL that would have been a fine play to make. Make that QB 2nd guess if he wants to run with the ball again. But honestly within steps James has to decide what he is going to do. I really think that JH puts his hands up into dude just to make an aggressive football play he even tucks his helmet as well so he could avoid the helmet to helmet IMHO. However, the old real NFL that would have been just a fine continuous football play.

What if McCoy pumped though? Imagine that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'm on his side most of the time, I feel like Goodell has a hard-on for him, but that hit was questionable. McCoy already released the ball before Harrison even began to lower his head.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is the only era in NFL history where James Harrison would be vilified as a dirty player.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with you there. JH was past the point of no return. Either he sends a message [which he did] or he backs off as best as he could and still gets a late hit flag. The way he was going at him there was going to be a violent hit no matter what.

Either way, the media is going to blow it up. The suspension is BS though.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
This is the only era in NFL history where James Harrison would be vilified as a dirty player.

x2

This suspension is a load of bullshit and I'm not being a homer here. There shouldn't a suspension for this one. It wasn't a late hit. It was driven by momentum. Harrison plays balls to the wall and I'm glad to have him on my team.

You'd think with being a quarterback in the NFL, you'd have to make some sacrifices. Not to worry, you don't have to. Just throw these flags on and if someone even sneezes on you we'll make sure we set your offense within their fifty and fine the hell out of that guy.

People saying Harrison is more dirty than NDonkeykong Suh, gtfo.... Suh's a bitch. He's very talented but I have lost all respect for him after his interview following his team getting "stomped." Classless.

Harrison would be PRAISED twenty years ago for his tough play. Now it's all wah wah wah about concussions. No Fun League indeed.

As a fan on hard hits, I'll close with my favorite against my most-hated team in all of sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZAs...eature=related

Enjoy.

JB, how you feeling about this game Monday night? I think we can do it but it's gonna be like a 20-13 game. Thoughts?
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Harrison is clearly a dirty player. Plus, players from back in the day did play with allowable aggression, but they weren't launching themselves at players like human cannons.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Plus, players from back in the day did play with allowable aggression, but they weren't launching themselves at players like human cannons.

Eh, they did much worse things.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The hit was magnified by the fact that he is twice McCoy's size, and he absolutely demolished him. He didn't drive his head into him. If Harrison were smaller and McCoy were bigger, it would have been a non call.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Harrison is clearly a dirty player. Plus, players from back in the day did play with allowable aggression, but they weren't launching themselves at players like human cannons.

Jack Tatum
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Eh, they did much worse things.

Like basically wear casts on their forearms and clothesline guys.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

fukk harrison. he clearly went head first at mccoy. you dont do that when the QB has released the ball.. he's been told enough times that you DONT LEAD WITH UR HELMET.

dude is just dirty and if i ever see him in the streets its going down.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
fukk harrison. he clearly went head first at mccoy. you dont do that when the QB has released the ball.. he's been told enough times that you DONT LEAD WITH UR HELMET.

dude is just dirty and if i ever see him in the streets its going down.

Lol Harrison would murder you with his bare hands and feel no sympathy.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Lol Harrison would murder you with his bare hands and feel no sympathy.

puhlease

ive worked with delinquents like harrison before. they just a big show, but when you hold your ground, stare them in the eye, and show them youre serious, they buckle and walk away like a chump

toe to toe i guarantee harrison blinks first
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: