Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default The Diesel nearing his return!

Quote:
-- Coach Pat Riley revealed center Shaquille O'Neal would travel on the six-game western swing that begins Friday in Phoenix and could play during the trip. "He's to the point," Riley said, "where it's time."

-- O'Neal still has not practiced since having cartilage removed from left knee Nov. 19, but a return appears imminent. "From what I understand, the strength of his quad is even stronger than the other leg." Riley said. "He's got pretty much full range of motion.

-- O'Neal estimated he needed "a couple of practices" to feel comfortable enough to play.

-- As he did when he assumed the coaching reins last season, Riley imposed rigid conditioning guidelines on O'Neal during the rehabilitation period. Riley said O'Neal has met those thresholds. "He's done everything," he said. "He's under 330 pounds. He's under 13 percent body fat. He's really worked to be ready."

-- The targets have been a source of contention for the 7-foot-1 center. "It's really not where I wanted to be," he said, having won the title at 325 pounds last season after previously winning three titles with the Lakers at upwards of 350. "When I was a little heavier, a little more muscular, people had a certain way of playing me, and that's already imbedded in their mind. Hopefully, I can take that punishment at a lighter weight."

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/

Good Sh*t.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

the return of Shaq will definitely boost the team back above .500.

but I think Shaq should sit out the Phoenix game...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: