Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default What does getting your wisdom teeth removed feel like?

I'm getting all 4 removed next week. Whats the usual recovery time?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

good luck, it sucked. It took about 3 weeks for me to feel no pain while eating.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

ill just sya you shoudlve gotten these out before college

im getting them out this summer. IT sucks though from what i heard
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
DueceDime210
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DueceDime210 has an OK reputation so far

why do wisdom teeth need to be pulled?
DueceDime210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

They f*ck up the lining of your teeth and can cause gum disease.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

not everyone needs their wisdom teeth pulled. I think mine wont have to be. I didn't need braces or anything. and mine are growing in now and I dont even notice them unless Im running my tongue along my teeth.

and ya know why? my mommy breastfed me as a kid. YA IT MATTERS. just one of the many benefits of it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wisdom teeth are useless.

I had all 4 of mine taken out...just expect a lot of blood and gauze when you recover. Also i dont know what they will give you but i was given pain killers and I have to say that was a high i never felt before. My mom hid them on purpose i think (got mine taken out in high school).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

It is very painful, whether you're having them pulled or cut out of your gums. Expect to bleed and make sure that you have some strong pain killers.
Hope that everything goes well for you.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #9
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far

Be sure you get a good dentist. I've had two wisdom teeth removed. I had one removed by my family dentist when I was 20. It turned out that my tooth had extra roots. The guy was so old he couldn't pull it out. No freaking joke, the dude busted out a hammer and chisel trying to crack my tooth so he could pull it out easier. It was such a freaking nightmare.

When I had the other one removed a couple years later, I had a new younger dentist working on me. I told him about my extra roots and my last experience. Dude was like "No problem this will be a piece of cake." He popped out the tooth like it was nothing.

The main thing to know is that afterwards you can't drink out of a straw cause it will lossen the blood clots in your gums.

I hope you have a better experience than my first time.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didnt experience that much pain. You're knocked out for the entire procedure and have absolutely no clue what happened (atleast i was). When you have pain you take meds and you're good. Just a pain in the ass to replace the bloody gauze and try to eat/drink.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Be sure you get a good dentist. I've had two wisdom teeth removed. I had one removed by my family dentist when I was 20. It turned out that my tooth had extra roots. The guy was so old he couldn't pull it out. No freaking joke, the dude busted out a hammer and chisel trying to crack my tooth so he could pull it out easier. It was such a freaking nightmare.
wow I have had situations like that but nothing close to what you got.

yea one time I was getting blood drawn for something... and the douche doctor kept missing my vein. he would stab the needle in, move it around, push it further in, move it around, take it out, then try again. took him like 4 tries. didn't help it was cold in there and the rubber band thing wasn't tight enough. what a dumbass. it hurt. I was like 11. had the same thing done a couple years later and barely even felt it.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
You're knocked out for the entire procedure and have absolutely no clue what happened (atleast i was).
real men turn down anesthetic/drugs. you're a man... right?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

I have had oral surgery before. MY teeth right beside two teeth to the left and right of my top front teeth were still baby teeth. They werent coming out so they had to take them out and scratch off some of the gum to where my adult tooth was. I still had braces on so they had to brace the adult tooth as well. IT was messed up. I am havign a hard time explaining it because it was so bad
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #14
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
real men turn down anesthetic/drugs. you're a man... right?

Real men dont do that. Real men arent stupid. So try again peewee.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was fine. Only sore at night when i slep on one side cause i didn't realize the stitches had disolved and food was getting stuck in one of the holes.

Other than that, it was fine.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: