Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Steam Holiday Sale

Sale time again on Steam

Day 1:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bunch of Heroes
Fable III
Fable - The Lost Chapters
Just Cause 2
Max Payne 1 or 2
Metro 2033
Orcs Must Die!
Pendulo Adventure Pack
Portal 2
RIFT
Sam & Max Complete Pack
Singularity
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Steam Holiday Sale

I want Bastion to go on sale. Really want to play that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love how big Recettear got, that one just came out of nowhere. It was a really fun game though, at $5 I'd recommend it. Costume quest is pretty cool too, that's a Double Fine game.

Last edited by Kungfro : 12-20-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I want Bastion to go on sale. Really want to play that.

Well there you go, $5 today.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

The Winter Sale is spectacular per usual. I've found at least one thing to grab each day except Day 1. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever finish anything I buy off Steam anymore.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Machinarium is a cool looking game, think that's about all I'll pick up today.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I grabbed Bastion and Terraria. Bastion is such a great polished game. Love the music and atmosphere in it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I grabbed Bastion and Terraria. Bastion is such a great polished game. Love the music and atmosphere in it.

Loved the music in Bastion, that game as a whole was amazing.

Need to give Terraria another run, haven't played since that last big update and they added a ton of stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azq5IOrFtEI
Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just bought Portal 2 last night, and now appear to be a Steam member after getting everything set up.

Otherwise I have no idea how this works. Both Bastion and Terraria look like stuff I'd definitely want to play.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I just bought Portal 2 last night, and now appear to be a Steam member after getting everything set up.

Otherwise I have no idea how this works. Both Bastion and Terraria look like stuff I'd definitely want to play.
Portal 2 is a good one. I got it during the Thanksgiving sale and just finished it a couple of weeks ago. Fun game.

So far i've bought Back to the Future, Homefront, Limbo and Deadspace. Cost me about $35 all up. Haven't played any of them yet as i've been playing Metro 2033 (also bought during last Steam sale) and NBA 2K12.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Portal 2 is a good one. I got it during the Thanksgiving sale and just finished it a couple of weeks ago. Fun game.

So far i've bought Back to the Future, Homefront, Limbo and Deadspace. Cost me about $35 all up. Haven't played any of them yet as i've been playing Metro 2033 (also bought during last Steam sale) and NBA 2K12.

I got Portal used from Gamestop. It was buy two get one free, so I got that, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Little Big Planet 2, and then got Skyrim new.

I ended up paying right about 100 bucks after my 25 dollar gift card.

So these are all downloaded full games. I'd imagine that take up a rediculous amount of space. I'd like to grab some of the smaller Downloadable games though.

Limbo was great by the way.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Bought Limbo and Alice: Madness Returns so far. Haven't even started them yet because of TOR. Also bought a friend the 1st Batman and Kotor because he had never played either. Lucky bastard.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I got Portal used from Gamestop. It was buy two get one free, so I got that, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Little Big Planet 2, and then got Skyrim new.

I ended up paying right about 100 bucks after my 25 dollar gift card.

So these are all downloaded full games. I'd imagine that take up a rediculous amount of space. I'd like to grab some of the smaller Downloadable games though.

Limbo was great by the way.
I got a 750GB and a 1TB hard drive in my computer, so I'm not worried about size all that much.

I saw Limbo had won a bunch of awards and it looked cool. For $2.50 you can't really go wrong.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

I just wanted to chime in and say that Portal is really grade A awesome. The platform puzzling is right up my alley anyway. But added to that is the fact that the mechanisms are so incredibly unique. And then on top of that, the game has what for me is a perfect sense of humor, and even the narrative, which is a quirky but thin, actually still works plenty well.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't know so many ppl bought single player PC games. Assumed most ppl just torrent them.

I bough Red Orchestra 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Loving RO2, very good realistic shooter. Will check out MW2 tonight

ooh almost forgot. also bough Shogun 2 and Heart of Iron 3
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: