Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Godzuki has decent reputation
Default Why is Lebron considered the #1 pick in most drafts?

i'm looking at the stats from last year and Dwight blows him away, especially if your league awards extra points for double doubles. Lebron does occasionally get triple doubles but not enough to make up for it. I mean looking at Dwights numbers he's getting a consistent mid 40's in total fantasy points, iin the 50's if you get double double bonus. those are Shaq-like numbers...

Lebron on the other hand seems to get a lot of 30's in total points, and averages in the low 40's probably, but definitely gets less points than Dwight. its also possible other players for the Heat or who they sign can step up and take away from his numbers. At least more possible than taking away from Dwight.

the only other 2 players i see close to these 2 as a #1 fantasy pick are Blake Griffin and Kevin Love, maybe Durant if ure league doesn't reward double double bonuses. I fear however that Griffin's numbers will decline with Chris Paul there, especially what assists he was getting and even his scoring. Love is a monster if u are in a league with double doubles and i'd put him maybe above Lebron as well, probably at the #2 overall pick since he's consistently getting in the 50's in total points with double double bonus scoring system.

Add in the fact that Dwight plays Center which is generally thinner position than Forwards, and i'm not getting why Lebron seems to be the general consensus #1 pick in most drafts.

thoughts?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: