Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
MMKM
Local High School Star
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,355
Default Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 2-12 shooting, 7 assists in career debut; Bust already?

Are the Cavs wishing they took Derrick Williams yet?
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips
 
LAClipsFan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,042
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Epic Chucker !!!

LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
DevilsAssassin
Banned
 
DevilsAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,561
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Ricky Rubio >
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
MMKM
Local High School Star
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

I just don't see what he did to deserve a number 1 overall pick, not that it's his fault. This isn't a 1 game overreaction thread, he just doesn't project well to me as a pro, not number 1 well.
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 19,867
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Says 2-12 on ESPN.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,195
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

op doesnt know how to read a boxscore

irving was 2-12 overall, and 1-5 on threes.

irving couldnt hit from outside, he got a lot of attention from the raps defense. he showed some really nice passing.

Quote:
I just don't see what he did to deserve a number 1 overall pick, not that it's his fault. This isn't a 1 game overreaction thread, he just doesn't project well to me as a pro, not number 1 well.

what the hell is it then?

he plays one bad game, you make a thread specifically about that one bad game, and then say he will have a disappointing career as a result.

is there something im missing here?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
MMKM
Local High School Star
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
op doesnt know how to read a boxscore

irving was 2-12 overall, and 1-5 on threes.

irving couldnt hit from outside, he got a lot of attention from the raps defense. he showed some really nice passing.



what the hell is it then?

he plays one bad game, you make a thread specifically about that one bad game, and then say he will have a disappointing career as a result.

is there something im missing here?

Yes. You are missing the fact that this isn't a reaction from one game, it's based on the fact that he is small, not very quick, injury prone and unproven at the college level. The day of the draft I made a thread comparing his accomplishments to Kemba Walkers and asking why the hell he got taken number 1. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see him panning out as a number 1 pick type player. Tonight was just an example.
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,195
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKM
Yes. You are missing the fact that this isn't a reaction from one game, it's based on the fact that he is small, not very quick, injury prone and unproven at the college level. The day of the draft I made a thread comparing his accomplishments to Kemba Walkers and asking why the hell he got taken number 1. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see him panning out as a number 1 pick type player. Tonight was just an example.

well thats just fine, but dont expect anybody to take you seriously if you post these things one game into his career.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #9
sixer6ad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKM
Yes. You are missing the fact that this isn't a reaction from one game, it's based on the fact that he is small, not very quick, injury prone and unproven at the college level. The day of the draft I made a thread comparing his accomplishments to Kemba Walkers and asking why the hell he got taken number 1. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see him panning out as a number 1 pick type player. Tonight was just an example.

Thank God every GM in the league and every draft prognosticator had him pegged #1. What the hell are you thinking with this post? People WHO ACTUALLY KNOW watch these players for years and make predictions, yet you post on the fact that you think he won't be a good pro? Amazing. Did you say that last week when he had 21 in his pro debut? Unreal what some of you people post on here....like you actually know.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
MMKM
Local High School Star
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
well thats just fine, but dont expect anybody to take you seriously if you post these things one game into his career.

Totally aware of how it comes off, but that's my prediction
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
MochaUdoka
Serious playground baller
 
MochaUdoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 410
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
op doesnt know how to read a boxscore

irving was 2-12 overall, and 1-5 on threes.

@ 3-17
MochaUdoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
MMKM
Local High School Star
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
Thank God every GM in the league and every draft prognosticator had him pegged #1. What the hell are you thinking with this post? People WHO ACTUALLY KNOW watch these players for years and make predictions, yet you post on the fact that you think he won't be a good pro? Amazing. Did you say that last week when he had 21 in his pro debut? Unreal what some of you people post on here....like you actually know.
Uh, Darko Milicic, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden...the prognosticators ALWAYS get it right, don't they?
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,305
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Oh well, Cavs suck, what else is new?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #14
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,546
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

A 19 year old PG playing his first pro game after playing only 11 college basketball games is supposed to be "All world" in his first regular season game? Let alone playing with the scrubs Cleveland had on the floor with him.

I didnt expect much from Kyrie this season.

Hes basically a player who came out of HS to the NBA, you can tell he has a lot of learning to do when hes on the court but he is talented and will eventually become a good NBA player.

I dont think he'll be a superstar, but he definetly has the tools to be a #2 option type of "star".
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #15
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,667
Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Oh well, Cavs suck, what else is new?

Which is good for next year's draft.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy